Kuiu Pro Divide 4500

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I am too! I’m about to pull the trigger on one, but would love to hear some feedback.

MTHokie

FNG
Interested to hear from you @strattonje2020 on the non-migrating, "locking" zippers. Sounds like zipper voodoo to me, but if they are functional, I think it'd be awesome.

180ls1

WKR
Seems like it would be great for a guy who films or has a lot of misc things. I'll stay with my 4000lt though.

Sorry for delay guys, Toddler and work life.

So the bag itself is similar to any pro/ New Lt bag.

The zippers are the unique aspect. They do have a locking mechanism. When you pull tab it unlocks and then it locks itself I you try to pull the zipper apart.

I did try to put my rifle in the divide pocket and the zipper did hold it semi secure. Although I would want the weight the the rifle to sit on the zipper and cut into my stock or rub it raw. I would be concerned if a tap got pulled by brush and your rifle slips out and you don't feel it.

There is 2 sets of loops in the pocket to secure the item inside with compression straps. I don't see an easy way to load the gun and strap it in because the zippers can open to fold the pocket over with a rifle protruding at top and bottom. so you have to leave one set of zipper mid pocket limiting access and making it difficult to reach the straps. The bag also didn't come with these straps from what I could find on mine. For the purpose of carrying a setup spotter on tripod this pocket will be excellent. I dont think I will trust my rifle in this pocket without compression straps and if you use them this basically defeats the purpose of the pocket. I have a gunwerk nexus and although its a tool I'm not looking to increase wear on the rifle or potentially drop it due to a zipper failure. Others may feel different and not care as much.

The top front packet for misc. items is of decent size but my hand can barley fit inside the opening. I can see this being annoying try to dip around for small items. The lid has 3 pockets which is nice but they are also small because of this. ( I have normal sized man hands lol)

The main compartment is large. The zipper is next to the frame so the only way to access this space would be for you to lay the bag face down and then fold the frame away. I'm not sure if that would be annoying yet or not. It is annoying you have to take the lid off and basically undo all compression straps to make accessing that compartment relevant. Unless you have a fold stock rifle storing your rifle in there as well is not going to work in the mountains. The gun just sticks up too high and I had a 20in barrel w/o my suppressor mounted for test.

In all this bag would be a great size for a 3 day backpack hunt with lots of gadgets yes. The 3600 pro is still my favorite bag for day trips. I wish they would add the waterproof back paneling to those pro bags as well. I haven't decided if I will keep this bag or return it.