kuiu venture

Woogs402

FNG
Anyone using a Kuiu Venture 1800 or 2300 for a saddle setup? I have the Kuiu 2300 Pro Pack setup but the external frame and harness are a little much for short trips to the tree. Looking for something a little lighter but will carry a predator platform and one sticks.

I used a Venture 2300 in the summer as a mtn lake day pack. It works ok, not real comfortable. The pack seems short and I had a hard time getting it to sit right for a longer torso. I have an older Badlands that is a much more comfortable pack.

OP
W

Woogs402

FNG
Thanks for the reply. Have you strapped anything to the outside? The pack I have now is very secure it's just overkill in my opinion for whitetail hunts close to the truck. I really just need something to drag my platform and sticks into the woods comfortably. Shorter back actually helps. I'm thinking it will keep the pack high enough to ride above my saddle harness. The Venture 2300 outer straps look pretty sturdy but the 1800 look a bit light in pictures. Curious if anyone has tried carrying much weight on the outside of an 1800.

Thanks for the reply. Have you strapped anything to the outside? The pack I have now is very secure it's just overkill in my opinion for whitetail hunts close to the truck. I really just need something to drag my platform and sticks into the woods comfortably. Shorter back actually helps. I'm thinking it will keep the pack high enough to ride above my saddle harness. The Venture 2300 outer straps look pretty sturdy but the 1800 look a bit light in pictures. Curious if anyone has tried carrying much weight on the outside of an 1800.
The 2300is definitely sturdy enough. I bought the rifle butt straps for mine and it handles carrying a rifle just fine. I can't speak to the 1800, but the 2300 is a well made pack, it just isn't very comfortable for me.

Currently using the venture divide 1500. The predator platform fits perfectly in the divide pocket. I carry sticks separately on a shoulder sling but it has compression on each side that you could do carry them. I wish it had compression straps on the bottom of pack. I bought it because it is incredibly light weight.

OP
W

Woogs402

FNG
Currently using the venture divide 1500. The predator platform fits perfectly in the divide pocket. I carry sticks separately on a shoulder sling but it has compression on each side that you could do carry them. I wish it had compression straps on the bottom of pack. I bought it because it is incredibly light weight.

Any chance you can share a photo of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very impressed with my venture 2300. Last week I loaded a game bag with the front quarter, backstrap and tenderloin from a cow elk. The 2nd load out I used my pack board because I don't think the back quarter and neck meat would have fit. I was nervous it wouldn't work well to haul meat but it wasn't too uncomfortable. I have the size medium and it fits pretty good I'm 5'8".