Last minute release question

Aurora Colorado since 2008 originally from Wiscons
Hi all,

I have been using an Index release (Scott Little Goose). I noticed it has been tearing my d-loop but the company said it will take weeks to do anything about and I leave next Friday. I did pick up a B3 Hinge release which I like but need a little more practice with before I take it out hunting.

Any suggestions on a solid index release that I can go pick up at a Sportsman's Warehouse on short notice? Something less than a hundred bucks since my hope is to get the Little Goose fixed and plan on transitioning to a hinge release in the future.

I'm thinking maybe the B3 hawk which is more of a hook than a pincher. Seems like I eventually have this d-loop problem with my last two pincher style index releases.

Ashenwelt

FNG
So personally my favorite index release is the TRU Ball Short n Sweet'r. I don't think Sportsmans carry it... but it is as rock solid as it gets ans is a hook design. Most archery shops I have been to do have them and I think I spent 80 or 90 on it.

Ashenwelt

FNG
Thanks @Ashenwelt ! Will check it out. Does it come with a swivel connector as an option or just the flexible nylon strap? Just curious. I'm just used to the swivel with the Scott I have but like that hook style
No idea honestly. I like the flex strap so I can twist it away when not using. I have used a swivel before but it wasn't as simple. Granted now I use a thumb (after near 20s of index) and I added a cord to it to hide away... instead of pocketing lol habbits.

@Billy Goat That is still on the table. Scott support said they'd probably just replace it but recommended not to sand it down. So either sand it down or send it in.

I think there's a 20 dollar charge plus shipping I need to cover so not sure if it's worth it or just sand it and take care of it myself.

If you like the Scott design, look at B3. I have been using their releases for a little while now, I'm really happy with them. Made in Kentucky.....

If you like the release otherwise, I'd just polish the hook. Go thru some grits of sand paper, starting around 100, getting to probably 1200 or so.

This is exactly what I would do. You really can’t mess it up and it will keep it from fraying d loop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk