Lehigh/Bloodline 50x325 Shoot

Today was a beautiful day and an excellent dat to get some recreational shooting in. Plus - I have located another place to shoot just a few miles from home. A fellow ML hunter just bought 300 acres just south of me and said I could shoot there most anytime I wanted. I drove out there with him yesterday to check the location out and today I decided to give the Pope Farm a shot or two.

On a couple of the forum the Lehigh/Bloodline .50x325 grain bullet has become a hot topic. I have been shooting this bullet for several months now and yesterday when I went to look for ballistic information on the bullet I was surprised that I did not have any. Today's mission was to shoot the bullet across a chronograph to get the actual information.

Took my Knight Western Ultra-Lite with a NECG Peep sight and loaded up all the equipment and headed to Pope's. This is the rifle and I think you will be able to see the sight setup.

This is a better picture of the sight mounted on a Warne Weaver scope base

Got to the farm and setup the portable shooting bench and Chrono - Placed the target at 50 yards.

Then setup my tailgate work area.

This is the a pic of the bullet loading process - powder dropped down the bore - MMP Sub-base inserted and bullet ready to be pushed down the bore. It has been slightly knurled gain a better grip on the bore.

The objective today was to shoot 3 shot groups of T7-2f and T7-3f. Shooting both 110 and 120 grains of each powder.

This is the target that was shot - I can not or did not identify what shots were what. I as just loading and shooting. This is the target and the information I collected.

And this is the ballistic sheet generated by the information. I do not really know the actual BC of the bullet until Grouse shoots the bullets across a 100 yards with a Chrono at the muzzle and one @ 100 yards just before the target. When he gets this information I will be able to get the shoot BC at his elevation.

The BC that I used was calculated by the Barnes calculator using the general information of the bullet. Diameter - weight - shape. I chose the flat base with round or flat nose. This normally generates the lowest BC possible for that particular bullet.

This is the ballistic sheet generated... Note that this was generated using my elevation - todays temp - open sights and a 6" PBR.

Last edited:
OP
sabotloader
Interesting ,,more FPS out of 2f than 3f ,,,

Correct - 3f burns so fast and with that heavier bullet it is not even out of the barrel before the pressure curve is dying... The larger granules of 2f burn a little longer so it ends up with more sustained pressure.