Leica 2800.com: Kestrel or no?

cueva

FNG
Hi guys. Buying a Leica 2800.com rangefinder and can’t find any information online on whether or not I would need to pair it up to a kestrel or not. Most likely would hunt below 400-500 yards, never past 700-800. Any help would be great, for some reason can’t find this info online & customer support not answering. Thanks!
Would like to not pair up to one and have less bulk on me etc.

You don’t have to pair it, but you can! It has its own ballistics solver and you load your profile with an app on your phone.

OP
cueva

cueva

FNG
You don’t have to pair it, but you can! It has its own ballistics solver and you load your profile with an app on your phone.
Oh sweet thank you, finally some help haha! Do you know if it’s just as accurate without the kestrel for these smaller distances? I know it’s def needed for the long distances but want to make sure it’ll be just as accurate with these like <700yds distances

Oh sweet thank you, finally some help haha! Do you know if it’s just as accurate without the kestrel for these smaller distances? I know it’s def needed for the long distances but want to make sure it’ll be just as accurate with these like <700yds distances
with the kestrel you are using a different ballistic solver. Someone with more experience will need to chime in (I don’t have a kestrel) and compare the two. Either way you still have to confirm your drops and adjust app for them to be accurate.