Ballistic Rangefinder recommendation?

cueva

FNG
Hey everyone, new hunter and looking for a rangefinder recommendation. I have been hearing recommendations on an sig kilo 5k, but am also hearing tons on Leica 2800.com. Would like to spend no more than $1k total, ideally buying a used one at a discount for like $500-$700. I don’t think I’ll ever shoot past 700 yards, I have a 308 and live in Western US, would basically hunt anything I can legally shoot. Still getting practice.

Any recommendations would be great. Been hearing a lot on Revic br4 too but think it might be a lil overbudget despite hearing it’s the total winner of rangefinders. Looking for a cry once buy once sort of rangefinder, but also confused on all the details of each one and how they vary, which one is better etc. thanks!

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Sig Sauer Kilo 5K is an excellent full featured unit.

GEN II LIGHTWAVE DSP RANGING ENGINE WITH EXTENDED RANGE (XR) MODE
` ONBOARD ENVIRONMENTAL SENSORS FOR REAL-TIME BALLISTIC CALCULATIONS
` DROP REMOTE WAYPOINTS WITH BASEMAP APP
` APPLIED BALLISTICS ULTRALITE WITH COMPLETE AB BULLET DATABASE, UP TO 25 CUSTOM BULLET PROFILES AND 8 ONBOARD BALLISTIC GROUPS
` BDX 2.0 ENABLED WITH LOW ENERGY, LONG RANGE BLUETOOTH

We have as new open box units for only $599.99

Hey everyone, new hunter and looking for a rangefinder recommendation. I have been hearing recommendations on an sig kilo 5k, but am also hearing tons on Leica 2800.com. Would like to spend no more than $1k total, ideally buying a used one at a discount for like $500-$700. I don’t think I’ll ever shoot past 700 yards, I have a 308 and live in Western US, would basically hunt anything I can legally shoot. Still getting practice.

Any recommendations would be great. Been hearing a lot on Revic br4 too but think it might be a lil overbudget despite hearing it’s the total winner of rangefinders. Looking for a cry once buy once sort of rangefinder, but also confused on all the details of each one and how they vary, which one is better etc. thanks!
I have seen quite a few br4 going for 850-1000 in the classifieds

OP
cueva

cueva

FNG
I know the Br4 is the bestttt, but definitely over budget for me ;(. Trying to stay around $600 and been finding both the sig & Leica for around so

There are some good comparisons and reviews on here if you search. I went with Leica based on reported poor cold weather performance on other models.