Leica Geovids providing incorrect range

Over the Christmas holiday my brother in law and I were comparing my Swaro TA's to his Leica Geovids. When ranging various objects, we were getting consistently different numbers with the delta being 16-24 yards at objects between 180 to 600 yards. Wanting to know who's optics were off, we used GPS and mapped a couple different objects from our vantage point. The Swaro's were pretty much dead nuts on. He has his set up to give a corrected range to compensate for angle, but this didn't explain the difference in his being off by +/- 20 yards. Could this be a software set-up issue, or is it more likely he needs to send these in for servicing? Thanks in advance.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
The inclinometer is off, this is how most rangefinders break, I check all mine regularly. I bet if you hold it level it still registers an angle.

OP
tlbradford
The inclinometer is off, this is how most rangefinders break, I check all mine regularly. I bet if you hold it level it still registers an angle.
Is this a software or hardware issue? He was measuring a -5 angle. However that should have only been a 2-4 yd adjustment. 🤷‍♂️

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
Hardware, in my experience it is the inclinometer registering an angle when there is little to none, set the rangefinder to show angle in degrees hold it level and check. Mine went bad in the middle of fourth season this year it was like 18 degrees off. I think it was from a drop, also the amount of incorrect yardage goes up with distance, a sure sign the angle is miscalculated not the lasers return time.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
Is this a software or hardware issue? He was measuring a -5 angle. However that should have only been a 2-4 yd adjustment. 🤷‍♂️
Oh, I forgot, if you turn off angle compensation the rangefinder should work perfectly. You could then use a slide rule or calculator to correct for angle in the meantime.