Let's see some traditional harvests!

Kbetts

FNG
1d390186013f2cf0b611575ffc090777.jpg

Let's try this pic thing. A "mini" elk from Maryland. Actually a full grown sika hind.

Just posted it and realized there was a Marylander in the post above with one as well.. Very cool.

Kbetts

FNG
As far as table fair, they are waaaay better than a whitetail IMO. After all, they are little elk.

For those that aren't familiar, they bugle just like their larger cousins. What differs greatly is the terrain. Basically they love the marsh. The wetter and thicker the better. They call them marsh ghosts on Marylands eastern shore.

As far as table fair, they are waaaay better than a whitetail IMO. After all, they are little elk.

For those that aren't familiar, they bugle just like their larger cousins. What differs greatly is the terrain. Basically they love the marsh. The wetter and thicker the better. They call them marsh ghosts on Marylands eastern shore.

I agree they are excellent eating ! The marsh is a beautiful place, tough hunting. Congrats on killing your hind, they are ghosts for sure. I have had several under me within 5 yards and never saw them. ( can hear them walking and eating phrag)

This is typical habitat along with walls of phragmites 10-12 feet tall. The water is anywhere from ankle to mid thigh to several feet, wading poles are a good idea ;)
View attachment 40984

Kbetts

FNG

This is what got it started. I was running cameras to pick up turkey movements and remembered as I was leaving the woods. My first traditional harvest and an "action selfie". I was pretty sure I was floating but apparently my feet were still on the ground.

3790f4bac70f43b860c0bd6e275f67ae.jpg

Got my second doe of the year yesterday! 19 yard shot and she only made it 40 yards from the base of my tree!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
This is my wife's first bow kill she got a few weeks ago, she's been getting so close to getting her first big game animal but it just hasn't happened yet, this is a Dusky Grouse, the chicken of the forest, she really drilled it to, all she could see was the head and neck and she hit center center of that!

1448001947f2364ca313f3d80061a7be.jpg

Hardly even got in the blind and she came in! First deer with a Cutthroat. She dumped the arrow/string bad and the arrow went in at a steep angle between her last two ribs and lodged just under her spine getting a lung. Good blood!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk