Leukotape vs Kinesio tape

Stwrt9

WKR
as a rule of thumb if your prone to blisters put it on before you even start day 1. If not have it handy and once you start to feel any rubbing or hot spots put it in those areas to help prevent future blister form occurring. I would also recommend taking it off each night to allow the area to dry out better and reapply it in the morning before you head out. if you don't take it off every night just make sure you air out your feet real good at night. keeping your feet as dry as possible will also help add to the blister prevention process. You might want to keep an extra pair of socks with you to change them out periodically as well. Best of luck out there!

Ray you are correct- healthcare practitioners who use kinesiotape (chiros and my fellow over-zealous PT's) vastly over-state its capabilities. Kinesio and rock tape can stretch double or more their original length; Looks neat, but not really great at doing anything other than a type of placebo impact (and most quality research shows this as well).

Leukotape does not stretch. Think of it like athletic tape on steroids, once the adhesive is on it doesn't come off unless you want it to or after several days. This quality alone makes it unbelievable for hot spots and potential blisters. Many many uses, tough great stuff, I use it all the time at work and it always comes with me to the backcountry.
I’ve been having some big time pain in the inner side of my elbow. My wife suggested I try the KT tape. So I looked up how to tape it for “golfers elbow.” I forgives it wouldn’t work. But once tape is on there is no pain! Pretty crazy. It’s been hurting bad lately. Seemed to work awesome for me taking the pain away. I wouldn’t say it’s just placebo effect.

leukotape is awesome for blisters. But it got me wondering if I could use it similar to the KT tape to help with my elbow pain because it’s much more stickier and will last longer.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been having some big time pain in the inner side of my elbow. My wife suggested I try the KT tape. So I looked up how to tape it for “golfers elbow.” I forgives it wouldn’t work. But once tape is on there is no pain! Pretty crazy. It’s been hurting bad lately. Seemed to work awesome for me taking the pain away. I wouldn’t say it’s just placebo effect.

leukotape is awesome for blisters. But it got me wondering if I could use it similar to the KT tape to help with my elbow pain because it’s much more stickier and will last longer.
There is some decent evidence that kinesiotape can provide short term pain relief. Using it for that purpose isn't a problem. Just realize that in situations that tendinitis is causing the inflammation and pain, the tape isn't going to fix the underlying problem and the tendinitis could continue to get worse.

Leukotape has no stretch to it and isn't the same thing as kinesiotape. There are some things it can work great for, but it's not a replacement for kinesiotape. There might be some taping techniques you could try for golfer's elbow with leukotape, but they aren't the same ones you'd use for kinesiotape.

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I always have it but definitely have to be careful with the leukotape. I put it on the bottom of my big toe for a hot spot and I went to pull it off without thinking and took a strip of skin off with it. That was quite painful. I'm much more careful about taking it off these days.