Leupold vx-3HD vs. Vortex Viper HSLR

Many people here are in the minority of hunters as a whole, in that they expect to be able to drop their rifle on the road getting out the truck, tote it 6 miles across a mountain strapped to a backpack, and kill an elk at 800 yards. Most people flat out don't do that and don't care if their rifle can or can not. They care that it can do what they need it to do, which is hit the front half of a deer at 100 yards 5 minutes before shooting time ends. Basically any scope on earth will do that riding from the truck to inside a box stand and back a few dozen times a year.

I walk from the truck to a box stand across a ag field. Never dropped by rifle. Worse I've ever done is kiss my scope against something when it was strapped to my shoulder.

Leupold has some of the best lens coatings for low light visibility. The glass in the Leupold VX5/VX6 HDs is every bit as good as the Schott glass in my Zeiss Conquest V6. In a matter of fact, the Leupold VX5 HD eye box and FOV is excellent. It has no tunnel view, just a clear bright image all the way to the edges of the FOV.

In regards to the VX3HD, I have one on my son's Tikka T3X 6.5 Creedmoor. Clkear, bright scope and I even ordered a CDS dial. It won't shoot a deer past 250, but it will be fun to watch my son range a deer and dial it in.

I walk from the truck to a box stand across a ag field. Never dropped by rifle. Worse I've ever done is kiss my scope against something when it was strapped to my shoulder.

Leupold has some of the best lens coatings for low light visibility. The glass in the Leupold VX5/VX6 HDs is every bit as good as the Schott glass in my Zeiss Conquest V6. In a matter of fact, the Leupold VX5 HD eye box and FOV is excellent. It has no tunnel view, just a clear bright image all the way to the edges of the FOV.

In regards to the VX3HD, I have one on my son's Tikka T3X 6.5 Creedmoor. Clkear, bright scope and I even ordered a CDS dial. It won't shoot a deer past 250, but it will be fun to watch my son range a deer and dial it in.
I don’t think anyone has ever complained about the glass or the eye box of the vx5. I absolutely loved mine and know it is more forgiving than my credo. But I don’t think they track as they should. I think the retaining zero issue people experience is a problem. I don’t think everyone experiences it, and I never did. At least not that I could identify. And probably didn’t pay attention to a small shift.

Had 2 vx3i and was not impressed with either. The vx5 is much better glass.