lightweight canvas hot tents

Has anyone had experience with Whiteduck canvas tents? Their bell tent is pretty intriguing. https://whiteduckoutdoors.com/products/regatta-bell-tent-10?variant=19988870070372
I have goats but am more so looking for a tent to pack with my horses and use as a basecamp tent as well as family camping in the summer/early fall. I probably should just save the money and get a Divide series from WRTL. If I wasnt also trying to use it with my wife and two little kids I'd probably just get a Mountain Den and be done with it.

look pretty cool other than the weight
the snowtrekker is much lighter,
but the price of these and if used as a base camp makes it very appealing, im sure your horses wouldn't care either way, lots of good reviews soon their site

look pretty cool other than the weight
the snowtrekker is much lighter,
but the price of these and if used as a base camp makes it very appealing, im sure your horses wouldn't care either way, lots of good reviews soon their site
Ya they are fairly heavy, I think a good chunk of that is the sewn in floor and heavier canvas. They have some cool features and I think for a family car camping/base camp tent would probably be happy.
No, I don't think my horses will care much either way but I am being careful not to get on that "slippery slope" of well just packing more because I can with horses ha.
I have considered the Seek Outside Courthouse pretty seriously and almost bought it on their blemish sale last week but the Divide tents are just so much more well thought out I really like that there is no center pole. I think in scenario's where I want a larger tent the minimal weight penalty is worth it.
I'll likely just run my Cimarron solo with my horses during September this year but want a wall tent for later season and basecamp.

the weight penalty of a canvas tent with a ridge pole is worth its weight in gold compared to anything nylon or poly, the condensation is a huge turn off for me, once you go canvas you dont go back,,I bought a llama just for that canvas tent and wood stove.
In september I will use a dome style tent with a floor, but I have one tall enough for me to stand up in, I did modify it to use a stove in the vestibule ,and it works great, the dome style tent doesn't have any condensation issues. with or without a stove.

the single wall tipis and such and what not have issues with condensation, with pack stock, to me its a no brainer. back pack hunting id go back to single wall floorless. for me I needed at least 3 llamas for elk as it was so why not 5 or 7. and have a great shelter for any weather. and still be versatile. my only real splurges with pack stock is the shelter and stove. couple beers maybe, but everything else is pretty light, enough so I can carry that out on my back while llamas carry the deer or elk and tent and wood stove out.

Back