Lightweight Folding Tikka Chassis

JD18941

FNG
Just spoke to XLR customer representative and a few MDT customer representatives. I had a few questions about buttstocks and adapters. Let me tell you, XLRs customer service is horrible. They do not answer their phone and do not call back. Once I finally reached a man, he was very rude and not interested in answering my questions. When speaking to several different reps at MDT, I found that they were all very pleasant and happy to answer every question I had.

This just made my decision to not buy anything from XLR. I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be to work with them if I ran into issues with their products! MDTs customer service so ahead of Xlr. Would be happy to continue working with MDT in the future.

JD18941

FNG
I’ve had multiple great interactions with XLR in the last 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe you have, but they’re not close to the level of service I’ve seen from MDT. It’s night and day. I’ve had Several interactions with both manufacturers

JD18941

FNG
Also, is there any benefit to using a folder instead of a collapsible/telescopic stock? I have a collapsible on my 6.8spc and it has been great.

Lawnboi

WKR
I buy the bravo and use it as is while you wait for an eh1. During that time nail down exactly what you want your LoP to be and have manners accommodate to such.

Xlr is also a non starter for me due to lop

The ACC is not something I’d want to carry hunting, and the other mdt chassis dont do it for me and are a little dated imo.

The hnt 26 is interesting I’d try to get your hands on one, I wasn’t a fan.

The eh1 has alot going for it for a tikka stock. Option of a mini chassis using stock mags, cut to fit you, with any accessories you want or need. It’s decently light. It has the right lines (minus a negative comb) for a light rifle that recoils. It’s not a chunk of metal and you don’t need to use an aics magazine. Why this stock is not talked about more on here in regards to tikka is beyond me. It’s a lightweight bravo that uses tikka flush mags in form and function…. I’ve got both.

Blue_dog

FNG
Re-upping this thread as I’m looking to build a folding, short barrel, backcountry rifle using a tikka 3x action.

Anyone have experience building such a rifle off the BDG chassis? Seems a lot cheaper and no wait.

MattB

WKR
Maybe you have, but they’re not close to the level of service I’ve seen from MDT. It’s night and day. I’ve had Several interactions with both manufacturers
Is MDT a sponsor here? XLR is.

pgarcia

FNG
Mpa makes an ultralight for hunting not a bad chassis if those listed don’t fit the bill. I have used xlr magnesium and it’s a great chassis. U can’t really go wrong with any you listed.