Lightweight Hooded shirt?

Sitka Core LW Hoody and Kuiu Peloton 97.

Core Hoody: Durable, breathable, excellent hood, true to size, more of a sun shirt hoody than peloton.

Peloton 97 Hoody: Ultra comfortable, very versatile as base layer in cold or light mid layer, crazy warm for its weight at 5oz, not as durable as Core LW. Both are very similar but have their differences. Core Hoody is more of a true synthetic shirt material where the 97 has a brushed fleece lining that is warm and feels amazing on the skin

Not sure what you are looking for. For camo hunting I have both a Chama hoody and a core lightweight from Sitka. I like both with a slight preference for the Sitka. I have used the face mask more than I thought I would. I have been eyeballing the apex hoodie from Sitka but don’t really need it and it is $$$.

I have been doing more hiking and some fishing so I wanted a few lighter colored and non camo options so I did a bit of research. I wanted something for sun protection mainly.

I landed on a couple.

COLUMBIA - cheap. Feels like a rash guard for swimming. SPF 50. Men’s PFG Terminal Tackle Sun Shading Lightweight Hoodie | Columbia

Free fly lightweight hoodie - this is that bamboo fiber stuff. Showed up on my Facebook feed magically after a couple of google searches. I was drunk internetting and pulled the trigger on impulse. Feels nice. Only worn it once and it breathes well. No indications yet of poor durability but I don’t get a great feeling about it from handling it. It is also only spf 20. Men's Bamboo Lightweight Hoody – Free Fly Apparel

Simms and UA seemed to have some good options too.

It doesn't need to be camo. It should be in the 80's during the day for temps. So I'm looking for something that won't be too warm, but will add a little warmth in the morning. The hood will be great for keeping the sun off I'm hoping.

PS- the drunk internetting is hilarious. I've been bit by that a few times. Thanks for the links, I'll check those out.

If your looking for a highly breathable hoody another vote for the vapor hoody that you can get at Schnees if preferring camo and a little more warmth the kuiu peloton is a great addition.....so many options and choices👍

For a base layer the Sitka LW is tough to beat, the hood is definitely a bonus. I own both OR's and Patagonia's lightweight syn base layers (which are great) and the Sitka appears to be identical- a very light "micro" syn grid that breathes extremely well and dries quickly, BUT the Sitka has the option of a hood (and offered in camo if that's important)

No t-shirt needed imo.

I wore the FL Chama this past season. I want to try the Sitka Core LW hoody in Subalpine so I can also use it during turkey season to keep the bugs off. Also interested in trying the drirelease camo lightweight hoody from Orvis. It’s only $69.

I have the Sitka Core LW Hoody and it's AWESOME. It's more or less a camo sun shirt. Built in face mask, breaths really well. I wear a FL base layer and the Core LW for archery. It keeps the sun off of me and really helps regulate temperature. It's probably my favorite Sitka piece.

I picked up a fly free bamboo hoodie and it fits the bill really well and is supper light and very comfortable. I found a UA one as well on clearance in Sheels a while ago that is very light weight and comfortable but it didn’t say it provided any ultra violet protection. Really have been using them this summer.

First Spear has a great hybrid wool hoody. Also take a look at AFTCO fishing, they have a great light wt hoody for $39, I dyed mine Tan with rite polyester dye for hunting.

Back