Lightweight Rifle: Which Scope Would You Pick?

Project rifle is a Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor that will be cut back to 16.5” and wear a Banish Backcountry 5.5” suppressor.

Goal is a hunting rifle from wooded areas to ag fields 0-350 yards.

Lightweight and maneuverability is paramount.

Two scopes:

3.5-10x40 Leupold VX3HD 13.5 ozs
3-18x50 Zeiss Conquest V6 22.3 ozs

Clearly the Conquest V6 is superior mechanically and optically, but it’s almost 10 ozs more and this rifle will not see much dialing.

The VX3HD is good but the image isn’t as clear as the V6.

What would you choose for a lightweight, short deer rifle?

OP
General RE LEE
I’d sacrifice a little less than 1 more ounce and get something that holds zero

Trijicon credo 2.5-15x42
22.9oz

If not dialing
Triji credo 3x9
17oz

Zeiss Conquest V6 holds zero very well verified after hundreds of dials.

OP
General RE LEE
Sorry guys not buying a new scope anytime soon. I just wanted opinions on the 2 listed.

One is a Porsche (Zeiss V6) and the other is a Ford Fusion. Don’t necessarily need a Porsche to commute if this analogy makes sense.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a tikka 6.5 man bun also thinking of cutting back to ~16-18”. What changes do you see on your previous builds in accuracy, mv, etc? I am putting a Swfa 3-9. Currently sour on a leupold that won’t hold its zero. Use Zeiss if it works for you!

OP
General RE LEE
I just bought a tikka 6.5 man bun also thinking of cutting back to ~16-18”. What changes do you see on your previous builds in accuracy, mv, etc? I am putting a Swfa 3-9. Currently sour on a leupold that won’t hold its zero. Use Zeiss if it works for you!

Barreled action at smith.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry guys not buying a new scope anytime soon. I just wanted opinions on the 2 listed.

One is a Porsche (Zeiss V6) and the other is a Ford Fusion. Don’t necessarily need a Porsche to commute if this analogy makes sense.
I think that helps answer your question…save the Zeiss for something you intend to get more use out of the features/function.

I know Leupold hasn’t seen much support here lately, but I’ve never had issue with my VX3HD 3.5-10 that I used for a more classic look on a Winchester model 70 .270; it’s more a set and forget traditional hunting rifle…granted that rifle doesn’t see heavy use as it’s more sentimental in purpose, and I’m also not rough on my equipment. I’d run that scope on other rifles though if I were looking at a 350yard in lightweight setup.

OP
General RE LEE
I think that helps answer your question…save the Zeiss for something you intend to get more use out of the features/function.

I know Leupold hasn’t seen much support here lately, but I’ve never had issue with my VX3HD 3.5-10 that I used for a more classic look on a Winchester model 70 .270; it’s more a set and forget traditional hunting rifle…granted that rifle doesn’t see heavy use as it’s more sentimental in purpose, and I’m also not rough on my equipment. I’d run that scope on other rifles though if I were looking at a 350yard in lightweight setup.

Yeah each scope has benefits. The VX3HD clear enough and simple. Good little scope for sure. The Conquest V6 has Schott glass and is like “wow” when you look through it.

Sled

WKR
Honestly, it'd be better in the long run to just put a Burris fullfield on it for less than $200. Sell the leupold to someone you don't like.