Lightweight Rifles off Bipod

My Christensen fft 6.5prc has a 20" with brake and extremely finicky with recoil management. Running a hellfire 2p helped a bit, next is a suppressor and that should tame it down quite nicely. I've found anything that is light in a short barrel you better be squared up and consistent otherwise those fliers are likely you not managing the recoil the same.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
^ maybe this

I have a very light rifle (under 6# all in) and shooting prone with a bipod (and almost always a rear support) haven’t had any issues.

Haven’t shot it off a bench with a bipod though.
When a shooter goes prone, the shoulder/stock connection goes higher on the buttpad. That is one reason why a rifle is much less flippy.

Using higher rings does the same thing if you are in a bench. If you are going to shoot a lot in upright positions in the field, just getting higher rings changes the mechanics.

It’s physics, the lower the point of contact in relation to the bore, the more flippy the rifle. It’s the reason that the Rokstock has the butt in line with the bore/over the bore.

199p

FNG
Take your free hand and put it as deadweight on the bipod close to the stock, i dont pull down on it as its hard to be constant with it but just dead weight with your hand can help a lot. also used putting my hand on top of the scope helped but further forward is better. Also a good can on the end will help a heap.

Bert01

FNG
I think everything is exaggerated on the lighter guns. It just makes it more important to do everything exactly the same. Any difference in technique shows up worse the lighter the rifle is. I’ve been working with a 6.5# .223 and I can even tell with that rifle anytime I mess up, it’s just less forgiving.