Lightweight thermos

WoodBow

WKR
GSI microlite 1 liter is what I use. I primarily use it to keep stuff cold but works both ways. I bought it after Aron and Frank talked about it on kifarucast years ago. It is the same shape and size of a nalgene. I wish the bottom corner had some more radius to it so it would easily slip into the k4 water bottle holder.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I use the GSI microlite for water, but I'm definitely gonna be checking out one of those Zojirushi bottles for coffee.

Another vote for the GSI microlite. Had the same one for 7 years now. Hunting, fishing, white water canoeing trips, and a damn good bottle for the gym. It does the job.

OP
CMF

CMF

WKR
The first guys that mentioned GSI, I thought were referring to the plastic mugs, which is what we use now and don't have a secure enough lid to haul in a pack. I didn't realize they had a thermos. It looks like the zoji has a slightly higher capacity and slightly lighter weight. I went ahead and ordered one to try.
Just an fyi if anyone is wondering about the yeti hotshot weight, it comes in at 17.8oz.

fbhandler

WKR
I’ve had the GSI microlight and just got the Zojirushi, both in flip top/24oz. Zoji is slightly lighter and slimmer but has smaller mouth. Keeping coffee hot appears to be about the same amount of time. The lid on the Zoji is much better, I’ve had lots of problems with my microlights over the years with leaking and the spring breaking. I’ve got spare lids to help and up until I got the Zojirushi the GSI was really the only option as far as weight and size we’re concerned. Zojirushi is double the price I paid for my last microlight but comparable to what I was paying a couple years ago. If I’m not mistaken my size microlight with the flip top might be discontinued although you can still find em around.

Reactions: CMF
I have been using a zoji for several years. always in my pack. Love how it keeps things hot, and the secure lock ensures no spills. I've owned three. Still have two. My zero turn ate one when I backed over it.

OP
CMF

CMF

WKR
Got mine in too, way lighter than the Yeti, not that I was backpacking with it.
The zoji in 7.9oz on my scale. I'll still have to see how well it works.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Just got one, Thanks. I have the GSI 24 ounce and the Zojirushi 20 is much lighter and is better insulated.

Yep my 20oz Zoji arrived today. Filled it with coffee temp hot water 5 hours ago and it's still scalding hot. I'm loving it so far. I shook it and tried to make it leak and nothing. Awesome for coffee in my pack instead of leaving it in the truck. I wish it would fit under a Keurig though. I need a hack for that!