Limit on meat brought back into USA from Canada?

OP
GeorgeShaw

MattB

WKR
A friend of mine killed a moose in Canada and the guide wouldn't fly out his meat.....even though they had a t otter. The guide told him "that's how we feed our bears".

Hopefully you don't have the same outfit as the meat portion was just the tip of the iceberg for the letdowns he had.
What was he told about meat when he talked with the outfitter prior to booking?

I’d have been inclined to tell the guide that bears can’t tell what kind of meat they are eating….
————
I’ve driven on 2 moose hunts in Canada and brought all the meat home. Never a question.

MattB

WKR
I was doing an online search actually to see if there were restrictions on bringing back some bones to make stock, and pulled up an USDA page that said you are allowed to bring back cervix meat(elk, moose, etc) with a valid hunting license, and a limit of 50lb per vehicle.
I would be sure the meat you bring home is from a cervid and not a cervix.

EdP

WKR
The "rule" seems pointless given that you can make multiple trips back and forth across the border until all your meat has been moved into the US.

I did more research last night and looks like this topic has been brought up several times in past year on other forums. I'm not going to sweat it

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk