Little different boot rec

Hello, just wanted to see if I could get a little gear feedback/advice. I work in the southeast in the environmental field. Getting to be time for some new field boots. For the past three years or so I have been in the zamberlan sellas. They have held up pretty good, but I would like something with a little more ankle protection (higher shaft) and more flexible sole as these to me are pretty stiff. I know this is somewhat of a weird combo as most hunting boots are made with a stiffer sole with the higher shaft for support and packing out etc. I've had the tall snake boots, rubber boots and they are just too cumbersome or get torn to shreds too easily. I have some hanwag berglers for hiking that are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn, but I don't think they'd hold up to the land walking conditions I go through without a trail. I am in and out of wet areas quite frequently. I would say my biggest obstacles are thick vegetation/briars, Water, heat, sometimes snakes. I would appreciate any advice. Right now I'm looking at hoffman armor pros (not sure how stiff they are) and meindl euro lights (they look like they could get destroyed easily). Thanks for reading!

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
This may not be what your looking for but here goes, I have found an excellent solution that allows you to tailor your level of ankle support. Wear soft ankle braces under your hiking boots. I use Neeca brand, You wear the brace over your sock, this makes soft hiking boots support your ankle like mountaineering boots, and allows you to go without when the hike is not steep. For reference, I hike at least once a week off trail in the mountains of Colorado, for almost two decades now, this trick is one of my favorites, and it has saved me money (on boots) and increased my comfort and abilities. (as long as your hikers don't allow punctures this combo, with gaiters is valid in the TOUGHEST conditions.)

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Might look at the Schnees timberlines. Never had a pair but seem to be exactly what you are describing. A bit taller with more flex in the sole. Good sale going on right now too.