Looking back on my 2016 season...

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
With my 2016 hunts all but finished up (may sneak out for a day or two of blacktail hunting with my bow) I thought it would be a good time to look back through my hunts. This was definitely a year that will be hard to top. I was able to notch a few tags, missed opportunities at notching tags and was able to be part of some great hunts with people very close to me.

Spring bear started in May with an unforgettable trip to Alaska.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even though I wasn't able to go, my hunting partner and best friend killed a nice ram in AK in August.

Last edited:
OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I drew a good out of state tag and spent the majority of my August in the mountains. I was able to take this heavy 3pt on the last day of my hunt.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
September rolled around and we were able to get some archery blacktail hunting in. Bucks were passed, bucks were missed and in the end, my girlfriend was able to take her first big game animal, with a bow to boot!

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
After that, elk season started. Once again, Travis had a great elk tag in his pocket. I decided to skip my season and hunt with him as his caller. He passed on lots of bulls and ended taking a good bull with two days left in the season.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wasnt able to get back out hunting until the tail of October but it sure was a good week and a half of hunting. We were able to put a couple of nice bulls on the ground. A special hunt for sure.

Dougs Bull

My Bull

Sawtooth

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
The final hunt of the year for us was a late season archery hunt here in Washington. With the lack of weather there wasn't many good bucks in the area but we were still able to turn up a decent mulie. I stalked in on him and missed at 61 yards. Heartbreak! Anyway, as he was leaving the hillside another bowhunter got on his trail, I backed off and he ended up killing the buck. Goes to show how important it is to capitalize on EVERY opportunity you get in the field.

Retterath

WKR
congrats on an awesome year!! love the pics and the videos, its always fun watching other peoples adventures. congrats again.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like alotta fun(and hard work) and great memories. Congratulations on a heck of a season and thanks for the pics and videos.

handwerk

WKR
Thanks for the wonderful post Brock, hats off to you for all the filled tags of you and your friends, I'd say you had quite a year!