Looking for a new 223. Need help

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Well, other than the original post on the 13th, nada from the OP. Wonder what he decided? I just love drive by posts asking for advice and then nothing. I think that`s kinda rude, but then again I`m getting old and crotchety!

Think your buddy could measure the max COAL? Looks like the 600 is built on 3 action sizes which is neat for 223 family stuff. Curious if the 1:7 twist can be fully taken advantage of by loading stuff long
Yeah I'll ask him about and report back. Might take a bit, he travels for work and might be in the road this week

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I love my Howa Mini action. Only wonky thing is the mag release on it, don’t know why they did it like that. I think there is hingeplate bottom metal available for it.

I eventually upgraded to DIP bottom metal and picked up a carbon fiber Stocky’s blem for cheap. I haven’t shot the .223 version but my modified 6BRA runs fantastic.

that sportsman’s edition vanguard seems like poor bang for your buck compared to the compact version. I assume neither is stainless? Stainless > cerakoted carbon steel. Can’t cerakote the bore.
Also, 1/9 twist rate and hinged floor plate on a 223?
1698036112291.jpeg

Can “spice things up” by getting something different but it’s hard to beat the tikka. Howa might have a decent option if you are looking at the vanguard line?

I know that its probably get a tikka and forget it and I am a huge fan of tikkas but I already have a few and want to spice it up. The other option I am thinking about is the sportsmans exclusive weatherby vanguard. I like cerakoted barrels because I live in Alaska and would ocean hunt with it. Other than a hunting rifle I would like to shoot some down range

Are there any other rifles Im not thinking of? I don’t want to get a browning because I already have a few of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WG beat me to it, ceracoat won’t help when your barrel looks like a rusty water pipe inside, stainless rusts too, but not nearly as much
Trust me I have plenty of experience with this, I live semi tropical on the coast

OP
Dbevans

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
I just got signed off in a new plane and have been mia studying and what not. I think the boring tikka will have to do. Those czs might be fun but tikkas really are the too good. Also want to find an m77 locally because I have a couple of them and theyre nice

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
I just got signed off in a new plane and have been mia studying and what not. I think the boring tikka will have to do. Those czs might be fun but tikkas really are the too good. Also want to find an m77 locally because I have a couple of them and theyre nice

My apologies for lumping you in with one time ,drive by posters asking for advice then never coming back after others take the time to respond. Just a pet peeve of mine and seen it too many times.

If one of those boring Tikkas isn’t a T3 (not T3x) stainless Varmint, find one.

P

Think your buddy could measure the max COAL? Looks like the 600 is built on 3 action sizes which is neat for 223 family stuff. Curious if the 1:7 twist can be fully taken advantage of by loading stuff long
He hasn't measured yet but said he tried some Hornaday black 75gr bthp and the fit and fed just fine. Hope that gives you and idea.
Said he should be home this weekend to measure. I'll update you then

letrbuck

WKR
He hasn't measured yet but said he tried some Hornaday black 75gr bthp and the fit and fed just fine. Hope that gives you and idea.
Said he should be home this weekend to measure. I'll update you then

Appreciate it!
I stopped in to a small LGS yesterday and they had a CZ600 Lux in 223. I measured the mag out to 2.315. Was hoping it would be a touch longer, but not bad. The mini action is a nice size, and trigger was surprisingly nice

Appreciate it!
I stopped in to a small LGS yesterday and they had a CZ600 Lux in 223. I measured the mag out to 2.315. Was hoping it would be a touch longer, but not bad. The mini action is a nice size, and trigger was surprisingly nice
No problem. Glad you were able to get a solid measurement.
The trigger is surprisingly nice for the gun at that price point, action pretty smooth as well.
Overall nice gun for the money.