Looking for the best tarp

zacattack

WKR
the seek outside DST is an awesome tarp that you can use as a shelter if you wanted. The sheep tarp from kifaru is a bit smaller but makes for nice shade or emergency roof in rain or snow, I wouldn’t use it as a long term shelter though unless you were pretty desperate. I wouldn’t use either as a floor, I can’t imagine them being durable enough for that, and that’s a good bit of money. Seekoutside has something called the fearlessly floorless, it’s basically their version of a tyvek floor except it doesn’t make much noise like normal tyvek. I think I paid under $20 for it.

jonp4161

FNG
I brought a tarp along on my hunt last year and it was one of the best pieces of equipment i had. it was a tarp from walmart so it was heavy and bulky. i am looking for a lighter weight tarp that is still waterproof that i can use as a floor in my vestibule and as a make shift sunshade when its hot.

Poly tarps should be one of my suggestions they are lightweight, and could come in waterproof. I say, poly tarps are not the best when it comes to durability, but they are affordable compared to canvas type.

wyroberts

FNG
I was gifted a Borah Gear tarp last year. I haven’t used it much so I can’t attest to it being the “best”, but it’s nice quality. They also added additional reinforcement points by request.

Why not just use a tipi tent like a argali or durston xmid outer instead of a tarp.
Your typically going to need some stakes,cord or pole anyway?