Looking for wide toed boot

Hello,
I have a pair of Lowa Renegade boots that have become too tight. My feet have gotten wider.

Can you recommend a light hiker in this same style that has a wider toe box?

Also if it does not have Gore-tex, that would be a big plus.

Any help is greatly appreciated and very welcome!

Thanks!!

GerGa

FNG
I just tried on Hanwag Ancash II GTX & Banks SF Extra GTX. Both are made with their "SF Extra" last which is wider in the forefoot with a wider toe box.
Ancash II GTX is not really a light hiker it's very stiff soled.
I would consider the Banks SF Extra a light hiker as the sole has some flex.
I kept the Banks SF Extra as I needed a light hiker and not something mountaineering-like.

The toe box is not like Altra shoes, but a bit better than other hiking brands.

LostArra

WKR
Hello,
I have a pair of Lowa Renegade boots that have become too tight. My feet have gotten wider.

Can you recommend a light hiker in this same style that has a wider toe box?

Also if it does not have Gore-tex, that would be a big plus.

Any help is greatly appreciated and very welcome!

Thanks!!

Just a suggestion that doesn't cost anything: Lace your Renegades beginning at the second eyelets. It made a difference on a pair of Asolos for me. I just needed a little more width for my toes and when I pull the laces tight it doesn't tighten the toe area. (I can't take credit for the idea. A young sales dude at REI suggested it to me when I mentioned my tight toes while looking for wider boots.)

OP
O
Hi Folks,

Thanks for your replies!

Thank you for reminding me about skipping a lace at the toe box. I currently have this and another pair of boots (lowa rangers) where I have it looped from the first to the second lace eyelet with a loose surgeon's knot. I will try this again. I have tried a window lacing pattern there but it has been a while. Might try again. I just have tortillas for feet at this point when I got both boots it was less of a problem. Father time has not been kind to my feet.

I have had both stretched and it never seems to last very long. When they are not in use I stuff the toebox with a couple of baseballs or a lacrosse ball.

I appreciate your help.

Sometime I going to have to decide whether to fish, or cut bait.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Salomon Quest 4D. Roomy toe box and narrow ish heel. Worth trying on if you get the chance.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

Crispi Wyoming 2s, wide version. Switched to them after lowa renegades, big upgrade in quality and width/fit

I tried lots of brands, the best fit for me is the Meindl Comfort Fit series.
The 12EE is wider than any other brand I could find.
My actual measure size is 12EEEE

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider

Merrill Men's Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Wide Width​

Lightweight waterproof hiker.

I have a EE and EEE pair of feet. It all brands work for me especially if I want to run insoles.

Merrill Moabs have worked for me for a while.
My favorite hiking boot is Crispi. My thors are awesome.
kenetrek mountain extremes are good but way heavier than you are looking for.

nobody

WKR
Jim Green African Ranger. Hand made in South Africa, great conservation ethics, all leather, wide toe box, I LOVE mine. They’re newer to the US market but they are a fantastic boot, plus they’re not crazy expensive. And you can find them on Amazon! I’ve had a pair for a couple months And I’m extremely impressed, very comfortable and well made!

Their African ranger model and Razorbacks are designed for wide feet/toe boxes specifically.

Just replace their insole and make sure you treat them with waterproofer, they’re made more for the African bush than the Rocky Mountains.

Paying close attention here...last time I bought a pair of work boots the Redwing store measured my feet at a 12 H. Damn near square apparently lol.

Jbehredt

WKR
I like and use the “first eye skipping idea.” As you asked about light hikers I’ll recommend the Oboz Bridger. Excellent duck foot toe box.

RS3579

WKR
Meindl perfect hunter. Call them and discuss the fit for you. Very helpful

sdolan617

FNG
Gonna have to try to first eyelet skipping idea... was ready to give up on my Hanwag Maka Treks

Not specifically what your looking for OP, but the Inov-8 Roclite Pro G 400 GTX has a super wide toe box that fits my wide foot magically. Much more of a ultra lightweight trail runner tho vs. the Renegade's