Looking for wide toed boot

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to add another vote for meindls with comfort fit. First boots that don’t actually cram my toes. I’m pretty sure they have a comfort fit hiker. Can’t remember if they used goretex with it or not

ledflight

WKR
I have my eyes on these:

OP
O
Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your recommendations!

I have both the Lowa Ranger and Renegade in "Wides" The Renegade I think needs a wider last. I have been told that many companies used to size up in length for wide instead of building a wider last.

I have worn Keens before, the problem is my feet and ankles have gone by the wayside and I need a higher boot and more supportive.

I might have to look into Meindle as well.

I'm going to try some different lacing patterns and such with both boots.

I hate to sell them but.........

I always wondered about Alico boots. I was going to pull the trigger on a pair, but the pandemic happened, and sierra trading post stopped being well, good. The reason I mention them is the humidity in the S.East in the summer is really obnoxious.

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
I have pretty wide feet, and have actually had a pretty good fit with the Scarpa Mescalito TRK for a light hiker, I just ordered a 43.5 (size 10 1/3) instead of my normal 43 (size 10). I've also had good luck with the Crispi Nevada.

Wagner

FNG
I’m going to try the Meindl light hikers. They must certainly have a large toe box. I always wear 8 1/2ee, I called them and gave them my foot measurements and they said I needed a 7 1/2D. Well ok…they know more than me.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Their boots are built on a larger size scale. I normally wear 11s but with their comfort fit extremes I wear a size 10. I can fit fingers behind my heel and my toes don’t touch the fron of the boot. I believe they do free exchanges til you get the right size. Good luck. I love mine and have thought about getting their hikers for work

I have narrow feet with wider toe box needed (also flat arches). I second the Solomon 4D but they aren’t too durable. I’ve also had great luck with Zamberlans ZBPK lasted boots.

INDY

FNG
Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your recommendations!

I have both the Lowa Ranger and Renegade in "Wides" The Renegade I think needs a wider last. I have been told that many companies used to size up in length for wide instead of building a wider last.

I have worn Keens before, the problem is my feet and ankles have gone by the wayside and I need a higher boot and more supportive.

I might have to look into Meindle as well.

I'm going to try some different lacing patterns and such with both boots.

I hate to sell them but.........

I always wondered about Alico boots. I was going to pull the trigger on a pair, but the pandemic happened, and sierra trading post stopped being well, good. The reason I mention them is the humidity in the S.East in the summer is really obnoxious.
I had a pair of the Alico's in W and they were actually almost too wide (which never happens to me) they almost felt sloppy even laced as tight as i could make them. Agree that STP has dropped off in quality and selection since they sold to the group that owns TJ Maxx etc.

TxxAgg

WKR
Jim Green African Ranger. Hand made in South Africa, great conservation ethics, all leather, wide toe box, I LOVE mine. They’re newer to the US market but they are a fantastic boot, plus they’re not crazy expensive. And you can find them on Amazon! I’ve had a pair for a couple months And I’m extremely impressed, very comfortable and well made!

Their African ranger model and Razorbacks are designed for wide feet/toe boxes specifically.

Just replace their insole and make sure you treat them with waterproofer, they’re made more for the African bush than the Rocky Mountains.

I need to check out that Ranger model.

nutz

FNG
Hello,
I have a pair of Lowa Renegade boots that have become too tight. My feet have gotten wider.

Can you recommend a light hiker in this same style that has a wider toe box?

Also if it does not have Gore-tex, that would be a big plus.

Any help is greatly appreciated and very welcome!

Thanks!!
You want boots that have an insole toe width not less than 1/8 inch the width of your foot. Jim Green are wider than average and a very nice boot, good value. But they are not very wide.
Hello,
I have a pair of Lowa Renegade boots that have become too tight. My feet have gotten wider.

Can you recommend a light hiker in this same style that has a wider toe box?

Also if it does not have Gore-tex, that would be a big plus.

Any help is greatly appreciated and very welcome!

Thanks!!
I also have searched high and low for non goretex wide toed boots; ultimately I did not find them. The closest I came was Jim Green boots which are very nice and good value. The are wide but not very wide. Specifically, in size 12 US the insole is 105mm wide. That is across the ball. They also have a roundish toe box; not too tapered, which helps for your big toe to not get squashed in.
One brand I tried, Johnny Combat, claims to have a wide toe box which is total BS. The have a nice squarish shape to the toe box but the width is regular.
As long as footwear sellers are inventory bound they are going to provide for the 80% only.
In the end I decided to go for made to measure.

deezs

FNG
I wear EE and my Meindl's are almost too wide, but so comfortable
Same here, I have the comfort fit hiker and a pair of there steel toe. Same fit with both boots, toes have plenty of room with no slipping, nice and comfy!