LRM primer issue

Odd1out

FNG
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas why these large rifle magnum primers burnt holes on the edge of the primer. See pics below. Two different brands of primer. Two different rifles. Two different powders. Not a max charge on either. Not loose primer pockets either. I'm at a loss.
a9736e876f199db393965a0e40ac8dde.jpg
f850a6172f343f356fd6674462fb46a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
That is at the place where the metal has been stretched the most while forming the cup - might just be poor quality control in the stamping operation, poor metal quality, or ?

Vern400

WKR
Darn. Now I'm gonna have to eyeball my spent primers too. On top of everything else. Every one of mine could be cracked and I wouldn't know it.

But... My case necks split sometimes on firing 5+ The bullet goes where it's supposed to and nothing bad happens. If you're not getting poofed I would think it's not a big deal. The primer did its job. Your description was very helpful, below max, multiple rifles etc.

Happy shootin'.

Darn. Now I'm gonna have to eyeball my spent primers too. On top of everything else. Every one of mine could be cracked and I wouldn't know it.

But... My case necks split sometimes on firing 5+ The bullet goes where it's supposed to and nothing bad happens. If you're not getting poofed I would think it's not a big deal. The primer did its job. Your description was very helpful, below max, multiple rifles etc.

Happy shootin'.
You would know about it all right, it burns holes in your bolt face

Vern400

WKR
You would know about it all right, it burns holes in your bolt face
Thank you, sir! I didn't know that. I'm guessing I would see a lot of soot on the case too. I don't recall seeing any problems but I'll watch for it.