LS Wild Hunter Scoped Action Armor Review

kad11

WKR
I recently received an LS Wild Hunter Scoped Action Armor from @hereinaz for a photo I submitted in their photo contest thread. He graciously offered to send me a scoped action armor in exchange for use of the photo and an honest, unbiased review. Photos and thoughts are below:

IMG_20230916_170803119.jpg vs IMG_20231019_131842001.jpg

I frequently get crap on my scope lenses even when using Butler Creek caps. The LS Wild scoped action armor fit my Kimber Hunter + SWFA scoped rifle extremely well. I like that it wraps your scope AND chamber/trigger to prevent debris or precip from causing issues with rifle function. The armor is composed entirely of 500d cordura and is very lightweight. It does not, however, offer any real padding or shock-absorption. I prefer it this way, but folks wanting something to cushion their scope would probably want to look elsewhere. There's really not much else to say - LS Wild created a very fool-proof and lightweight solution to a problem that is bound to occur anytime you strap a rifle to a pack and start pushing through thick stuff. I plan to use this piece of kit for all future hunts where I'm walking in several days before the season opens and will have my rifle strapped.

IMG_20231019_131846501.jpg IMG_20231019_160818306.jpg

Thanks again to @hereinaz

Lawnboi

WKR
It could be a thing.

I have a couple prototypes floating around my shop, and I remember there is one prototype being loved out in the world…
Something that moisture and dirt don’t stick to would be awesome. Would take up nothing in my Bino harness as well I’m assuming

Iv got your cordura version. Only complaint it gets wet and stays wet, and holds dirt ice and snow, but so do every other rifle comber.

We need a dyneema version. If also value a larger full rifle cover of it for my match rifle. To be able to shake it off and not be putting a water logged cover in my pack would be awesome.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, full rifle covers are light and compact when rolled up. They also shake off the snow pretty good…

So you are saying you want a full cover and Scoped Action Cover? I might be persuaded to make a small run of some DCF that I have. It’s white or black colored stuff that I have lying around.

E8AA3A6F-C6B1-4748-982C-B7852A794D85.jpeg3CF85BCE-65F4-4B06-AB3C-0DBE703596A2.jpeg

Lawnboi

WKR
Yes, full rifle covers are light and compact when rolled up. They also shake off the snow pretty good…

So you are saying you want a full cover and Scoped Action Cover? I might be persuaded to make a small run of some DCF that I have. It’s white or black colored stuff that I have lying around.

View attachment 634689View attachment 634690
Yes! I would take one if each. Need a full cover for my match gun with Magnus on the end and an action/scope for my hunting guns.

For when I do end up buying one, I'm a bit torn on sizing. The sizing section says "See picture with ruler." but I can't seem to find the mentioned picture. I have a Mausingfield action, KRG X-Ray chassis, and a Vortex Gen III 6-36 in extra high ARC rings. The sizing section says 5 or 7 inches measured from the scope rail. Does that mean from rail to the bottom of the trigger guard/magazine?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For when I do end up buying one, I'm a bit torn on sizing. The sizing section says "See picture with ruler." but I can't seem to find the mentioned picture. I have a Mausingfield action, KRG X-Ray chassis, and a Vortex Gen III 6-36 in extra high ARC rings. The sizing section says 5 or 7 inches measured from the scope rail. Does that mean from rail to the bottom of the trigger guard/magazine?
I will get that picture back up. Sorry about that. Let me get to my shop and get it up later tonight.

With xhigh rings and the chassis, it is the tactical version you want. The pistol grip and a 10 round mag need a couple extra inches to wrap.

I will get that picture back up. Sorry about that. Let me get to my shop and get it up later tonight.

With xhigh rings and the chassis, it is the tactical version you want. The pistol grip and a 10 round mag need a couple extra inches to wrap.
I use a 5 round mag for hunting and since it's a KRG the grip isn't floating like an XLR chassis for instance. Does that make a difference?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes! I would take one if each. Need a full cover for my match gun with Magnus on the end and an action/scope for my hunting guns.
Please draw a picture outline and get me measurements for the different areas.

I can sew up some final production prototypes and get you testing them.

On the sleeve, do you want a roll closure like a dry bag?
Or, a simple drawstring?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use a 5 round mag for hunting and since it's a KRG the grip isn't floating like an XLR chassis for instance. Does that make a difference?
You can go hunting version.

As always if you need to swap or anything we’ll take care of it no questions asked.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I recently received an LS Wild Hunter Scoped Action Armor from @hereinaz for a photo I submitted in their photo contest thread. He graciously offered to send me a scoped action armor in exchange for use of the photo and an honest, unbiased review. Photos and thoughts are below:

View attachment 634620 vs View attachment 634621

I frequently get crap on my scope lenses even when using Butler Creek caps. The LS Wild scoped action armor fit my Kimber Hunter + SWFA scoped rifle extremely well. I like that it wraps your scope AND chamber/trigger to prevent debris or precip from causing issues with rifle function. The armor is composed entirely of 500d cordura and is very lightweight. It does not, however, offer any real padding or shock-absorption. I prefer it this way, but folks wanting something to cushion their scope would probably want to look elsewhere. There's really not much else to say - LS Wild created a very fool-proof and lightweight solution to a problem that is bound to occur anytime you strap a rifle to a pack and start pushing through thick stuff. I plan to use this piece of kit for all future hunts where I'm walking in several days before the season opens and will have my rifle strapped.

View attachment 634625 View attachment 634626

Thanks again to @hereinaz
Thanks!

And, anyone wanting a padded version can expect a lightweight version in 2024.

Lawnboi

WKR
Please draw a picture outline and get me measurements for the different areas.

I can sew up some final production prototypes and get you testing them.

On the sleeve, do you want a roll closure like a dry bag?
Or, a simple drawstring?
I will work on a drawing tomorrow.

For just a scope/action cover I’m happy with what you currently produce, just want it in dcf.

On the full rifle cover I’d like similar to the solo cover or the other popular options (which also become water logged). But in dcf. On my match gun I keep a cover on it nearly all the time at the range even if it’s not raining just to keep people from kicking sand and dust in it. Need something I can get on and off with the rifle sitting on the ground on a bipod.

No padding needed for me. I’m looking for light/disappears in my Bino harness pocket for a scope/action cover. And something that dosnt hold moisture or dirt.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Seems like everything LS wild makes is awesome. I have the pillow, ultralight rear bag and the rifle sling. All of it is top notch.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the mention of the Scoped Action Armor and the 3/4 Armor as a Staff Favorite in 2023 @Justin Crossley

The Dynema and the padded versions are coming very soon!

Here is a link to the moment in the podcast where our gear is mentioned. The whole podcast is good stuff, so listen to the whole thing.

Any chance I could convince you to make a 20" length version for the tactical? It only goes to 18" in the options currently and I need it to fit over a 19" of scope.