Mac's "No Timer" Muzzle Brake?

ghott

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if anyone has used the Macs Gun Works "No Timer" Muzzle Brake and what are your thoughts? I'm interested in adding one of these to a Seekins Havak PH2. (I did do a bit of searching on the forum but couldn't find much.)

Disclaimer: I do know this style of brake is likely not as effective at reducing felt recoil as much as something like an APA Fat Bast*rd...but I much prefer a brake that matches the size/contour of the barrel rather than a large piece of metal hanging off the end of the barrel.

Any other brakes worth considering that match the size/contour of a Seekins PH2 barrel?

You could always go with a known performing brake and have a gunsmith put it on for you… then you have looks and performance… you have to compromise somewhere if you don’t like the look of a self timer, if it were my rifle, I would prioritize functionality

I personally wouldn’t touch that brake, but it’s not my rifle… I wouldn’t consider a brake unless it performs well, I don’t like them even when they perform well… even an excellent brake sucks, but they do a good job of reducing recoil.

If I’m going to deal with the noise of a brake, it better function well, and that means angled ports in the correct position so the recoil is reduced as much as possible for the noise, and the rifle recoils straight back, and not kick up a dust cloud in front of you making spotting shots difficult to impossible, because if a brake doesn’t allow spotting shots, I would rather deal with recoil than a bunch more noise

OP
G

ghott

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate your honest insight and input. I'm only starting to scratch the surface on my research of the muzzle brake topic...wondering if it's a known quantity to turn down certain brakes to match the barrel diameter? I'm a hobby machinist and also have access to a machine shop. I'll start digging into this more.

grfox92

WKR
Appreciate your honest insight and input. I'm only starting to scratch the surface on my research of the muzzle brake topic...wondering if it's a known quantity to turn down certain brakes to match the barrel diameter? I'm a hobby machinist and also have access to a machine shop. I'll start digging into this more.
You can just add a shoulder that matches the brake.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR
Mine works great on a .270.
I shot a buddies .270 and mine back in forth on the same day. His not breaked, and it wasn’t even a comparison the recoil was way less. I haven’t put it through the paces in different shooting positions to tell if muzzle blast will be a downfall, but to match barrel diameter and price it’s hard to beat.