MagView Gear App Issues With New iPhone 15

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up for those of you using MagViews. I just upgraded to the new iPhone 15 and the MagView Gear app is not functioning. I had upgraded to IOS 17 on my old phone and there wasn't any problem but there is with the new phone. I emailed MagView and they "hope" to have the app updated in the next couple of weeks. There is a work around in the camera settings but irritating since I leave for New Mexico tomorrow.

pirogue

WKR
What's the work around?
I think it’s use the phone’s regular camera, instead of the Magview app. One glitch they are working on for the 15 is the lenses changing(zooming). So if you want to use the IPhone 15’s 5X optical zoom, select it before you put it on the binos/spotter, if you are using Magview’s app.

OP
C

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I just returned from a New Mexico elk hunt where we did a lot of glassing with binoculars. Since the MagView app was broken, I tried using the camera app and got frustrated pretty quick as I tried different ways to make it work efficientIy. I finally downloaded the PhoneSkope app and could get on an elk quickly using it. My son is into 3D printing and is working on something to go on the back of my phone case to help align the correct lens on my iPhone each time.

cmahoney

WKR
Still doesn’t work, just got a new IPhone. My MagView wireless charge plate doesn’t work either. They seem do be disappointing lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
I just returned from a New Mexico elk hunt where we did a lot of glassing with binoculars. Since the MagView app was broken, I tried using the camera app and got frustrated pretty quick as I tried different ways to make it work efficientIy. I finally downloaded the PhoneSkope app and could get on an elk quickly using it. My son is into 3D printing and is working on something to go on the back of my phone case to help align the correct lens on my iPhone each time.
Were u using the phone scope app with the Magview S1

pirogue

WKR
Well, as another update, a week or so ago, I called Magview and asked them when “another couple weeks” was going to actually mean something? They said new target was week of Nov 24, should be fixed. We’ll see. But, as stated above, they suggested phonescope app until theirs is fixed.

Jrcole51

FNG
I was thinking about doing the same with my printer. Did he ever create anything?

OP
C

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I was thinking about doing the same with my printer. Did he ever create anything?
Yes he did. We both have the Leica 3200.com's and he printed a piece that we attached to the back of an iPhone case that aligns the correct lens on the iPhone to the binoculars.

Jrcole51

FNG
Yes he did. We both have the Leica 3200.com's and he printed a piece that we attached to the back of an iPhone case that aligns the correct lens on the iPhone to the binoculars.
Awesome, I have a Swaro STX system, not binos, so looks like I will have to start from scratch. Was hoping to get a head start from your design.

Jrcole51

FNG
Here is the reply I got from MagView today.

“We apologize for the delay in updating our app. We recently met with our app developers on an update of the app. They have informed us the app will be updated by the first week of January. We understand this is later than expected, but they are working as fast as they can to have this available.

Here is a video on how to lock your cameras while taking video,

This will help the use of our adapter while the app is being worked on.”

pirogue

WKR
Here is the reply I got from MagView today.

“We apologize for the delay in updating our app. We recently met with our app developers on an update of the app. They have informed us the app will be updated by the first week of January. We understand this is later than expected, but they are working as fast as they can to have this available.

Here is a video on how to lock your cameras while taking video,

This will help the use of our adapter while the app is being worked on.”
Thanks for the update. Kinda sad that they have been “2 weeks away”, since October, and just keep revising. They probably got a sign that says, “Free beer tomorrow”. (Because “tomorrow” never comes)

Jrcole51

FNG
Thanks for the update. Kinda sad that they have been “2 weeks away”, since October, and just keep revising. They probably got a sign that says, “Free beer tomorrow”. (Because “tomorrow” never comes)
Haha exactly!

OP
C

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
This is a lame excuse and they've lost me. The camera lock fix really doesn't work either. Use the PhoneSkope app and move on.

OP
C

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, I have a Swaro STX system, not binos, so looks like I will have to start from scratch. Was hoping to get a head start from your design.
Let me check with him because I have the S1 also.