MagView Gear App Issues With New iPhone 15

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Magview today. Slick product and packaging. So far it sucks because the app doesn’t work on an iPhone15. Takes time to get it aligned.

May be returning it soon

Jrcole51

FNG
I got this response today. I honestly can’t believe that they straight up say to use one of their main competitors apps.

IMG_8893.jpeg

pirogue

WKR
Got my Magview today. Slick product and packaging. So far it sucks because the app doesn’t work on an iPhone15. Takes time to get it aligned.

May be returning it soon
You would think that since September, enough returns would have woke up a few purchasing managers of some of thier clients to call and insist they find a different intern to fix the app.

Jrcole51

FNG

May be returning it soon
I get mine right on the money in just a couple seconds using the Snapchat app.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Dang guys, sorry to hear about this with the iphone 15 app. I was corresponding on with MV on behalf of another member with the same issues and this thread popped up in the "similar threads" list, so I'll post here too.

Got this today from MV:

"The app has been experiencing some issues with the iPhone 15 specifically. Our app dev team is already working on it, and we are in the process of testing updates. We don’t have a date set in stone but we’re working on it."

Because this has been going on months, I'd say steer clear of MV if you're buying it for thier app (I don't use the app for MV, camera settings have been fine for me). They're advising to use phoneskope app simply beause they feel bad that this hasn't been fixed timely and probably hoping that'll get users by until/if they can fix this issue, vs returns.

Great product and love mine, but everythings gotta work as advertised. Hope they get it right.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
This was their email to me on 1/11/24

“Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for delay in getting this app updated. The app developers are currently finalizing the last changes. There are just a few things getting cleaned up and the app is good to go!”

OP
C

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
This was their email to me on 1/11/24

“Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for delay in getting this app updated. The app developers are currently finalizing the last changes. There are just a few things getting cleaned up and the app is good to go!”
Sounds like the email I received last September.

pirogue

WKR
the app update is out
Do you mean the app will finally work well with the IPhone 15? As the wait has been since September, you would think the App Store headline, or the website headline would announce it, in BOLD.