manage your remote

duckp

FNG
ok i think i,m going to do something different with my remote this year i usualy put it on a lanard and just hang it from my neck along with my scanner and my call that is not working so good. if you try to get one off not in order you put them on your neck you get a tangle up mess. so i decided to put it on a retracktable cable like people use to put there badges on went on amazon ang got one with a good thin cable with a good clip plan on putting on my chest bag. did a try run i think it,s going to work out great. what does every body else do with there remote when you are calling?

pirogue

WKR
Usually just keep it on my leg. If I’m in a tree stand, I’ll loop it around a belt loop, so it don’t fall out. If a retractable lanyard locks, might be good idea, if not, I see extra movement that I wouldn’t want.

I carry it in around my neck. On stand I have it clipped to my tripod. With it clipped in, the screen and key pad is facing me. No fumbling around for it. Definitely my favorite way to use it while calling.

Reactions: mkk
OP
D

duckp

FNG
first thing i should of mention almost all of my hunting is done at night. if anything can go wrong it will in the dark you have to keep everything as simple. i keep my scanner on a lanyard around my neck and keep in chest bag when not in use. and i use to keep remote on lannyard but it kept getting tangle up and banging on scanner and tripod when i was getting ready to shoot. i think by putting it on retractable cable it will stay tucked in tight on chest bag. and be closer to read. there is no way i could read it on tripopd without bending over

mkk

FNG
Cell phone holder, less than $20
af6cf3e0c491437c83052a23d9ce2943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first thing i should of mention almost all of my hunting is done at night. if anything can go wrong it will in the dark you have to keep everything as simple. i keep my scanner on a lanyard around my neck and keep in chest bag when not in use. and i use to keep remote on lannyard but it kept getting tangle up and banging on scanner and tripod when i was getting ready to shoot. i think by putting it on retractable cable it will stay tucked in tight on chest bag. and be closer to read. there is no way i could read it on tripopd without bending over
I hunt at night also.

The remote mounted to the tripod works whether you are standing or sitting.

It’s way better than hanging off your body somewhere.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I run a chrst rig and the remote goes into an AR mag pouch. Fits very well, secure and no tangles.

Reactions: BLJ

Scopes

FNG
I use my bino chest pack to put my scanner and remote in. I also have a leash on the remote so I can go hands free quickly.

@dirtytough & @mkk you have a link to the mounts you are using on your tripods for call remote ? I currently keep my remote and thermal scanner in a large marsupial harness but would like to try the remote on tripod.

mkk

FNG
Also use a couple of heavy duty rubber bands to secure it to the clamp

TheGDog

WKR
Just some paracord, hangs on neck.

If I'm using eCaller, then the only "hand-calls" I'll take with are these 3D printed calls. One is JackRabbit the other is Rodent. You can operate'em hands free and they don't weigh anything. The two don't interwine at all. That... and a Primos 3rd Degree I just always have in my pack by itself.

If I'm using my hand-calls that are on a lanyard, then the goal of that trip is to do it without eCaller. So not an issue.

In the day time I secure my remote to a belt loop. I have a normal lanyard on it. It sits on my lap or next to me within reach where I can easily read the screen. Put it in my pants pocket when walking. Hand calls around my neck.

Pro tip, if you use foxpro. On the lowest fox bang setting, it won’t go off on shots or when you drop it, but if you bang it on your stock pretty good it starts. At night this is a tad risky.

At night it just seems to be a pia no matter what. With the rubber buttons and antenna it catches on clothing at the worst times. I have tried everything and around my neck seems to be the easiest when on stand. Eventually I will try the tripod mount!

yeahkkyle

FNG
I hunt night and run a chest pack for spare mag, drag, external battery for scanner/scope. I have my scanner hanging on the right side and remote on left side with about 8-10" of paracord holding them to the pack harness. They do swing a little when I bend over but easy access when on stand or can just let dangle while shooting. I looked at mounting the remote to my tripod but I like my remote being in the same spot every time even if a dog comes from any direction.