Marsupial Gear Thoughts

Im looking at upgrading my bingo harness to the enclosed marsupial gear set up. My only reservation is the possibility of the magnet messing with my OnX during the hunt. I see a lot of people using them but I wanted to ask on here before buying.

Has anyone had any issues with the magnet and OnX or their navigation app on their phone when running the marsupial gear bino harness?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only time the magnets affect onX while using my iPhone is when click or double click the "my location" button to go into what i call compass mode which most people don't use or even know about.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
They do make an enclosed version without the magnetic lid. Could always do that if you're concerned.

I've not had any issues with onx/android and the magnent closure.

OP
Dalbec0331
iPhone no prob

There’s been a few other threads asking this same Q fyi

Copy that, thanks! I couldn’t find any but I’ll do some more digging.

I have major problems with my marsupial and onx on Android. The compass function will be off by a long shot, though everything else works fine. If I hold my phone about a foot away straight out at a 45⁰ angle, it's close enough to work.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I tried several different bino harnesses over the years. The blaze orange marsupial is all I use now. Range finding binos in their large size is perfect. I can fit my inreach mini in one of the side pouches, small headlamp in the other side pouch. Glass cleaner towelette, lighter, and pyro putty fit in the front zip pouch with more room available still.

NB7

WKR
Android here and I've found it will throw off my reading on both OnX on my phone and on an actual compass. But that's if I just hold it up at bent arms length, which puts it about a foot away from the harness. If I extend my arm the reading changes and actually becomes accurate. Little bit of a pain but it's manageable.
Overall thought I'll deal with it because I love the harness

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I found it to affect my compass when I would pull it out of the back pocket, but it did’t affect my track recording or location. I pull the phone and hold it in front of me and the compass works fine. Not sure it matters what the compass does while it’s not being used and in the pouch. I figured it out, out of curiosity based on complaints here. I find it to be a non issue.

Blackbird

FNG
The only issue I have ever had is the direction you’re facing not being accurate which I have never found to be a deal breaker. Also easily fixed by not holding it as close to the harness.