Matrix target broadhead life

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 360grs does include the 100 grain broadhead. Have shot this weight for years and it’s killed every buck I’ve hit. Shoots flat for the 70lbs I pull

I’ve contemplated going heavier but haven’t made the jump. Might have to someday just to get my site tape gaps easier to read due to my aging eyes.

What weight do you shoot with what poundage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I shoot 518 grain pulling 73 lb. The heavier arrows hit quite a bit harder, especially if you hit bone.

Live2hunt custom shelters

SoDaky

WKR
Thanks for the thread.Great point about broadheads magnifying errors/issues.Shooting assorted broadheads magnifies them further-especially past 40 or 50 yds.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, I just finished up my 500 arrow broadhead test on the Matrix. Still going strong! This was 500 Ironwill 100's, ranges of 20-80 (probably an average of 50 yards), arrows are 370 gr total, Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Platinum from a 70lb Athen's Convixtion Bow.

Video in in post above so that you can view it full width as those banners cut off the edge in last post

TheCougar

WKR
I’m seeing similar results. I would say it is a push... maybe slightly less durable than my Rhinhart XL, but a lot more options being able to swap individual blocks.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m back. Obviously I slowed down on shooting after archery season but still shot weekly and kept track of my broadheads into my Matrix to see how many it took to finally get a pass through. It finally happened; the 612th arrow pierced the entire module. Look close and you can see it next to 611

c8f7ea534d40c0c9109b4b86e075bb40.jpg

bc090ec69a93cc3cc5f3f22b1aa45afe.jpg

Pretty happy with this durability. While this is my first premium target, it certainly outlasted, by far, my previous foam targets. Time to order a new module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk