MDT Chassis replacement buttpad

Odd1out

FNG
did you have to do any drilling or cutting into the spacers to make the grind to fit medium work?

I dont want to give back fire a dime but if its a lot easier and plug and play then i might have it

First off i would go with a large instead of medium if i did it again. Just gives u more to work with. I left the spacers stock and just drilled one new hole in the pad. It was really easy.

Next off, I tried my 2nd setup today and thats even better. I looked at that aussie unit linked above and they use a 10812. I cant find one in stock but that might be a even better option. Im gonna look and see if I can get the medium on the vertical mdt though.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Odd1out

FNG
Easy pizzy. Wish I would have tried it last nite. I'm still gonna hunt for a 10812
dc704684a3f977df38fce170b284729b.jpg

bpurtz

WKR
I dont want to give back fire a dime but if its a lot easier and plug and play then i might have it
Just curious, why do you say "I don't want to give back fire a dime..."?

Is it because of the cost of their recoil pad or some other issue with the company?

OP
chutinlead
did you have to do any drilling or cutting into the spacers to make the grind to fit medium work?

I have the original grind to fit I would pass on to someone. I did get one of the 10812s that the aussie outfit mentioned and I like it better, but it is a little wide with no really way to narrow it. It requires poking 2 new holes thru it, but I look the air tech pad better than the grind to fit. I'll get a pic of the 10812 tonight for those interested in how it fits.

Firestone

WKR

Old balls inc has what your looking for

Gstew1930

FNG
Classified Approved
First pic is grind to fit medium. Helped cut the tuning fork sensation quite a bit when u shoot. Next is the mdt vertical pad, just got this and will test on the weekend. The pad is alot better( thicker) The 3 screws did loosen up on the forend but I read instructions wrong, used the torque for the tiny screws . Once I used the 20inch/lbs its been mint.
16e64b4ce3e557298f6ac2b853c00afc.jpg
f1ec5fad0c64d8e0969364e0150a71af.jpg

How do you like the vertical buttpad on the HNT? i'm debating about doing the same

Dan Davis

FNG
I might need one eventually depending on the carbon vertical grip they are coming out with looks.

Just need to decide if I buy one in a tikka inlet or go with another rem clone.

22 creedmoor with a 16” barrel, in a folder hnt 26 with an ultra 7 screwed on sounds like a winner

Odd1out

FNG
How do you like the vertical buttpad on the HNT? i'm debating about doing the same
I really like it. To me it makes this setup alot more shoot able. Wish I could find the 10812 pad.

Last edited:
I really like it. To me it makes this setup alot more shoot able. Wish I could find the 10812 pad.

amazon and ebay have

renagde

WKR

Old balls inc has what your looking for
Have you tried this? This isn't much more expensive than the 10812 option until you figure in the cost of a spacer to retrofit it. Certainly cheaper than the Backfire TV and ATP options.

Odd1out

FNG
amazon and ebay have

Neither will ship to me in canada but I appreciate the effort

Odd1out

FNG
Have you tried this? This isn't much more expensive than the 10812 option until you figure in the cost of a spacer to retrofit it. Certainly cheaper than the Backfire TV and ATP options.
I haven't, but I'll message them if they have a Canadian distributor

renagde

WKR
Thanks for posting that, I'm going to have to try that out on my 6br.

Firestone

WKR
No I haven't. I just know the guys that makes them and not a lot of people know about them so I figured I would post it