Me, my wife, 2 Drahthaars. Anything better than an Anjan 2GT?

Graves14

WKR
Hey guys

I currently live in the east but am 282 days from an epic 3 month road trip through the west, terminating with us staying somewhere out there permanently. (I'm pulling hard for ID!)

I'm currently shopping for a tent that will comfortably accommodate myself, my wife, and our 2 60lb Drahthaars. I tried getting her on board with a cimarron but she just wasn't into the floorless thing.

I feel like the Anjan or Nallo 2 GT would be perfect for us. We could be in the "tent" and leave the dogs in the giant vestibule.

I don't see us needing a 4 season tent as she doesn't love the cold and I have an Akto for myself. At 4lbs I think the Anjan is the best choice.

Anything I'm forgetting? Any advice from those with experience?

R_burg

WKR
Great looking dogs! My dad has a Pudelpointer that I miss immensely.

Sorry, I don't have any useful advice on your tent.

Graves14
I have the anjan 3
And anjan 2 gt and also nallo 4 gt

I have the wife and 2 teenagers

I would go nallo 3 gt or 4 gt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm really sorry but all I can think about are the two beloved drahts napping in the other room with my wife. Best thing we ever did was get those two. Do what makes your wife most comfy....the dogs will love it and you'll be everyone's hero.

OP
Graves14

Graves14

WKR
Graves14
I have the anjan 3
And anjan 2 gt and also nallo 4 gt

I have the wife and 2 teenagers

I would go nallo 3 gt or 4 gt

You think the nallo is worth the extra weight over the Anjan?

2hand

Lil-Rokslider
Can't add anything but those Drahts would love the birds in ID, just saying.

Brendan

WKR
Anjan2 would be way too small IMO. I sold mine because I didn't even like it for solo... 2 people inside the tent are side to side with zero space lying down, no space for gear or anything else in the tent. I didn't have the GT, so can't comment on vestibule size - but the dogs and all gear would be out there.

I agree with you on the floorless - any way you could talk her into something bigger with a nest?