Meindl Comfort Fit Hiker vs Hunter

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
I have a low volume foot with wide forefoot and skinny heal. Wides feel nice on the toe but are usually sloppy everywhere else.

I think I’m going to go with Comfort Fit Meindls. 75 percent leaning toward the hiker but may pre-order the uninsulated hunter.

Anybody have experience with the hunter and hiker? I saw the stiffness rating is B on the hiker and B/C on the hunter. I don’t have any plans to hunt the alpine or anything. I plan to use them for hiking, backpacking, and hunting mostly in Northern California.

If the hikers’ “b” stiffness is comparable to a standard backpacking boot they sound perfect.

Thanks!

I saw your post and noticed you didnt get much info on it. Did you end up getting the boots? I have a similar foot shape as you from the sounds of it, and have been thinking about trying the comfort hiker as well.

I saw your post and noticed you didnt get much info on it. Did you end up getting the boots? I have a similar foot shape as you from the sounds of it, and have been thinking about trying the comfort hiker as well.
No I didn’t get them yet, but I decided to get a light weight pair of salewa alpine trainers and later I’ll pick up the hunters. The salewas are soft enough that the relatively tight toe box is ok. I’d rather have the higher heavier duty boot and the super light hiking boots.

I just received the Comfort Fit Hunter 400's and am waiting on the Meran Comfort Fit Light Hiker that should ship anyday. Will post my thoughts.

I appreciate it.
How’s the toe box on the hunters?
I like a wider toe box.
The toe box on the Hunter’s is a wider toe box, so sounds like it would work well for you. I like it because a guy can wear his merino wool socks and still throw a toe warmer on and have room in the toe box area and it not be too cramped.

I have the comfort fit hikers and like them quite a bit.

My foot is typically right on the border between a regular and a wide.

I find the hikers to be pretty wide throughout the boot. The wide toe area is great for me; the heel is also somewhat wide which is not ideal. I wouldn’t say that I have a narrow heel, I think the boot is just a bit wide there. They work well though as long as I wear a thicker sock and lace them up properly.

I find the hikers to be pretty wide throughout the boot. The wide toe area is great for me; the heel is also somewhat wide which is not ideal. I wouldn’t say that I have a narrow heel, I think the boot is just a bit wide there. They work well though as long as I wear a thicker sock and lace them up properly.
Thanks for the reply. I actualy just got a pair. I really like build the boot, but I think there is too much room for me in them. I just tried on AKU boots, which is a much lesser known boot brand and they fit great. I have a similar foot as you.

I once owned the Comfort fit Hunters, felt great and wore them several years. The only issue was that the midsole rotted and crumbled into dust! While they lasted, I loved them!

Similar impressions for me. I like a wider toe box and a narrow heel in my boots. The Comfort Fit Hiker toe box is perfect, super comfortable, but the heel has too much play for my feet. Even with some creative lacing methods I would get more heel lift than I wanted. The boot seems built really well, I love the insoles, and I love the toe box, but my narrow heels left too much room. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

I have the Comfort Fit Hikers, and had the Cabelas branded ones that are just like the Hunters. They are basically the same boot, both pretty stiff, which I like. You'll get more support being able to lace up the taller boot further. I've also owned the Cabelas equivalent of the Vakuum Hunter, and I still have the original Cabelas Meindl Hikers which are nothing like the Meindl usa ones - in style - quality has been great across the board. They are my favorite boot brand. Boots are completely subjective but Meindls are the ones that fit my foot and I've tried most brands.

Back