Meopta Cabela's Euro HD Glare?

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I spent 30 minutes yesterday comparing 10x42 binoculars at Cabelas; the Meopta Cabelas Euro HD, SLC, Trinovid, and Razor HD. For the current $899 sale price I thought the Meopta was a very good bino. The one issue I had with it in the store is that it seemed to pick up a lot of glare and flares under the store lighting. For any of you guys who have tested this Meopta in the field, have you ran into problems with glare? Is it more subdued under natural lighting?

dotman

WKR
Never noticed it in the field but I have only looked thru my buddies a dozen times or so. For that price I would get them, ask them to let you take them outside as store conditions only mirror store conditions.

OP
A

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
JNDEER, thanks for the link. Haven't gotten to read through it yet but a quick skim look as if you're covering the same binoculars I've been looking at. Not to mention doing the comparisons that are important to me; low light performance, clarity& definition at 1,000 yards. I've been contemplating doing something similar to you and buy 3-4 of my favorite binos and return all but the one I like best. This will be good bedtime reading tonight on my tablet.

JNDEER

WKR
Hope you enjoy it. Big take home message is that until YOU have all the binos to compare side by side you will never know what is truly the best for you.

stephen b

WKR
The Cabelas Euro HD is very nice glass and IMO handles glare quite well. And optically the Euro HD hangs real well with the Swaro SLC HD.

I just spent the last few days comparing a new 10x42 Euro HD to a new Swaro SLC (HD) 10x42 in a wide variety of light conditions, and overall the Euro hung real close. Close enough that I was strongly considering keeping the Euro's and selling my SLC's. But I finally decided that there was enough of a separation for me that I decided to keep the SLC's. Truth be told probably not a $6-700 separation, but I just decided to keep the ones that were overall best. And the Swaro's should be for the price.

So the Euro's are going to go up for sale, and someone else can enjoy the fine optics- and a real good deal on very, very nice glass.

paulbybee

FNG
I am dotman's buddy with the Euro HDs. I have the 10 x 42s. I have not noticed a glare with mine. I like the low light performance of these binos. The only complaint I have is the weight. The binos weigh 31 oz. I wish it was a little lighter.

OP
A

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Well I was at Cabelas tonight and bought a pair of the Euro HD in 10x42. It was the last day they were on sale so I figured I grab them a test them outside for awhile. I not big on returning item but thought that at the sale price even if I returned them they could get the same price out of them in the bargain cave.

I had the Euro, the SLC, and a Trinovid all outside at the store. It was a bright sunny evening and the Euro definately picked up more sun spots and little flares than the other two. I talked to Maven on the phone today and plan on having them send me a pair of demos to compare to the Euro. The Maven should have a little better ergonomics. The SLC is my favorite but if I can get 95% of the SLC performance for $700 less then I'll save the money and go buy some new sheep hunting boots with it.

It's funny, I didn't like the Trinovid inside the store but when you got outside they seemed like a completely different bino. Definately need to get them outside to compare.

I haven't noticed any glare with my Euro 10x42's. Compared them side by side with the SLC HD's in different lighting conditions. To my eyes, they were nearly identical with the Euro's being a tad bit "warmer"