Merino boxers

Been running the black ovis ones for a couple years now they have been great like posters above a little tight in the thighs at first then they stretch out and are fine had a pair of first lite given to me for christmas last year didn't last three times without getting holes in them

My favorite was the Black Ovis 100% merino but they are now a blend and still pretty good.

One thing to consider, as I know people like merino, is that poly dries faster than wool and with the fabric treatment poly can also buck the stink.

I also like the EXO boxer briefs too.

I’m pretty happy the sitka. Not my favorite for fit , they’re decent though. Zero issues with durability and no annoying seems. They’re a little heavy so I can’t wear them unless it’s cold.

if you like boxers the woolly 150 weight is really nice. i dont like boxer briefs they dont breathe well enough for me in hot weather. i also like exofficio boxers for day hunting but if its for multiple days i go with the wollys. would like to try bamboo next

Smart Wool for me. I've had a two pairs that I wear while hunting, other activities, and even to work. No issues with them and they have held up well.

I tried First Lite and they were great the first year I hunted with them, but both pairs came apart before the following hunting season.

so if your on a several day hunt do the bamboo keep odor down like wool?

Bamboo is naturally anti-microbial, so it's pretty good at resisting odor as well. I don't know if it's better than merino or not, but it's way better than cotton or synthetic stuff.

Have smartwool and black ovis. Like them both, smartwool is looser and a little more comfortable to me.
Do the smartwool seem to hold there shape? All I wear is there socks but, I had 2 of there light weight ls bases a few years ago that lost there shape.

And to the OP I’m sold on BlackOvis boxers. Switching from boxer briefs I didn’t love the seam down the back at first but I don’t notice it anymore. I’m a pipefitter/welder, I wear wrangler Riggs shorts/carharts under my overalls then welding Ppe on top of that when needed and I’m a sweater very happy with these for work, life, gym, hiking (haven’t truly hunted in them yet)

Hope that helps.

I wear Smartwool every day, found them on sale and now have 7 pairs I rotate through. They seem to keep their shape just fine, I wash them in cold with everything else and air dry, going on 7 months of daily wear (4 of those months in a desert) and no issues.

Do the smartwool seem to hold there shape? All I wear is there socks but, I had 2 of there light weight ls bases a few years ago that lost there shape.

And to the OP I’m sold on BlackOvis boxers. Switching from boxer briefs I didn’t love the seam down the back at first but I don’t notice it anymore. I’m a pipefitter/welder, I wear wrangler Riggs shorts/carharts under my overalls then welding Ppe on top of that when needed and I’m a sweater very happy with these for work, life, gym, hiking (haven’t truly hunted in them yet)

Hope that helps.
I’ve had the smartwool for 3 years but only wear them the month of September. They are holding there shape fine, but that’s only a total of 3 months of use so far.

I’m a fan of icebreakers and sized down one. They stretch out a little after hiking for a while. The Leo adventure membership helps :)

Back