Mesa Precision Altitude Tikka Stock Group Buy

The factory stock had flex I didn’t like. But it was probably the best factory stock I’ve had. Tikka shot great in it. But once I had a good stock on a gun, it’s seems like a automatic upgrade from now on

yup, I don’t care how wel they are built, seems like they don’t all fit the actions they were intended for. No reason to be shy, if nobody says it, the company won’t fix it.

I just received one for a Bergara HMR 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the stock, but the bottom metal doesn't fit (the inlet is too small) nor does the action (needs more material removed where the trigger safety mechanism sits in the stock). I can likely remedy this with careful Dremel work, but I'm not a gunsmith. So...i either try to fix it myself and risk screwing it up, take this to a local smith, or send it in to Mesa to fit to my rifle. Definitely NOT a drop in as i was told...

I just received one for a Bergara HMR 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the stock, but the bottom metal doesn't fit (the inlet is too small) nor does the action (needs more material removed where the trigger safety mechanism sits in the stock). I can likely remedy this with careful Dremel work, but I'm not a gunsmith. So...i either try to fix it myself and risk screwing it up, take this to a local smith, or send it in to Mesa to fit to my rifle. Definitely NOT a drop in as i was told...

That’s too bad, especially since they are 500+ dollars. I wanted one but when I saw the pics of the poor fitting etc I really had to wonder what this company is doing.

My pillars look the same... again, these are for the pressure from the action screws so the bottom metal does not compress the stock. I had to spend about 30 minutes with some sand paper for the final fit, but the stock is awesome and i'd buy again.

I wonder what the reasoning is why the pockets directly over the pillars? I guess I was under the assumption that the pillars should be contacting the action. Atleast that’s what they do on my mcmillan t3x inlet.

You can add me to the list of people who got a bum inlet from AG. Too shallow, action screws had one turn till torqued and about 2 threads holding on. Too much room meant rounds hung up heading into the chamber too nose up. Barrel was pretty crooked in the channel as well. The ergonomics of the stock felt awesome(alpine hunter) but with hunting season coming, and it being my only hunting rifle I elected to throw it in a krg bravo so I can get going on learning the gun and developing a load. I should mention I did not allow AG the opportunity to fix it, I’m sure they would have; that ones on me.

Last edited:
Who has received their stock and have installed it on the rifle and shot it how do you like it is it a upgrade over the factory stock? Mine should be here in 2-3 weeks hopefully

I hadn’t mentioned my issue as I thought maybe it was a one off....
First I’ll say that I have used multiple McMillans, B&C’s and last the AG Comp/Mesa on T3’s.
Had issues with bottom inlet depth on all McMillans although a couple washers fixed them.
B&C stocks have all worked perfectly just heavy.
The AG seemed great until I actually attempted to bolt it on. The recoil lug was positioned .050 to far to the rear causing the screws to not be centered in the inlet thusly binding. A novice may not have noticed as it would assemble. I spoke to Mesa and they offered to look at it but the rifle ended up back at the smith’s so he ground out the mortise and bedded it in the proper location.
just my experience....

on last nit...The action screws were barely long enough with factory plastic and too short when used with an aftermarket aluminum piece.

Last edited:
The Altitude stock I ordered from RHR on 2/7 arrived today. Mine is inlet for a LA Remington 700 with a Sporter barrel channel and M5 bottom metal. The fit of the Hawkins M5 Oberndorf bottom metal is pretty good. The stock weighs 27 ounces.

The forearm, just ahead of the front action screw, is well rounded. I prefer that for carrying. I wasn’t able to get my barreled action in it tonight because of the nut on the front of the housing of my old Timney trigger. Since I am replacing the trigger, I didn’t do any grinding to make it fit.

My stock did not have the milled out pillars shown in the photos a couple of posts back, but it is for a Remington, not a Tikka. The grip is pretty big, but I was relieved that it did not feel too big. I have large hands though. My initial impression is that I will like the stock.

Ordered mine June 8th and just received it today! I’ll post pics of it later when I get my barreled action dropped in. Looks great so far

Attachments

• E28097BF-34E7-4778-9DFB-190B2B90BF99.jpeg
    E28097BF-34E7-4778-9DFB-190B2B90BF99.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 179
Can anyone post what the inlet of their stock looks like? Also with the gun mounted in it, preferably of the rear to see how flush it sits into the stock. The very back of mine sticks out slightly and not sure if this is normal.

Can anyone post what the inlet of their stock looks like? Also with the gun mounted in it, preferably of the rear to see how flush it sits into the stock. The very back of mine sticks out slightly and not sure if this is normal.
Further up in this thread, a fellow had this same issue with pictures. I believe he sent it back and they fixed the issue. The tang should sit flush.

My second AG stock (Privateer) for a T3 didn’t have an issue with the recoil lug location (front to rear) but it was too shallow AND
The inlet for the floor plate isn’t deep enough so it sits ~.100 proud AND the action inlet is such that the action is angled up. The bolt release is just above stock (correct) but the gas port is ~.100 above stock line..

My ‘Smith fixed the first one and I fixed the lug on the second one but I am not trying a third......

Mine took about 15 weeks after being told 6-8. Smith did all the work but said he’s never required more inletting on the bottom metal before. But will say after all said and done I really like the stock. Probably more so then my Mcmillian game Hunter. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back