Metal detector

Ambush

FNG
Looking for an inexpensive metal detector for locating lost arrows under grass and such. Dont need to be able to find a spec of gold 14' deep, just something effective on brass, aluminum, and steel. What do you guys recommend.

I have a decent 3d archery range and between friends and family theres enough arrows out there it would play for itself.

Thanks

BFR

WKR
If they’re aluminum any inexpensive one will do, I used a cheap Bounty Hunter from Wallyworld. For carbon you are looking for the insert or point so it’s a small target. You would probably be well served to look at something in the $100-125 range IMO.

OP
Ambush

Ambush

FNG
All carbon arrows, some brass inserts and steel points, some have aluminum collars, ect. But yes looking for points and inserts.

ODB

WKR
Man, just seeing "Metal Detector" brings bask memories... I grew up in Va and hunted (Metal detected we called it) from the time I could walk with my dad - a bigger civil war buff never existed. Used to find balls, and spurs, barrels, bayonets, buckles, all kins of stuff... never did find arrows...

We always used Whites brand.

OP
Ambush

Ambush

FNG
So with one of these 100 dollar detectors what kind of "range" or how far could I hope to get a hit on a field point?

Unless you swing over the target, you won't find it. It's gotta be kept low to the ground and swung parallel and you don't want to swing it real fast.

If you might be interested in metal detecting as a hobby, take a look at the Nokta Makro Simplex +. Gets great reviews for the money.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Running a Minelab Equinox here and love it. Super light weight and easy to swing all day and has all the settings I could ever need. There is alot of great detectors out there. Its a huge hobby for alot of folks. Just check out youtube. =)

drmatara

FNG
I've been using a Tesoro Vaquero and so far it been good. But If they’re aluminum any inexpensive one will do, you can get a cheap Bounty Hunter from Wallyworld.