Metatarsalgia insoles

I’ve been having foot pain recently in the ball of my foot. I’ve been to the dr and they gave me a shot of cortisone and recommended I get 3/4 length spenco brand insoles, which I did. My question is whether or not anyone has used anything different to give them pain relief. I’m hunting first rifle this year and I’m hoping I can find some relief prior to leaving. Has anyone used meta pads on their insoles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes.

OP
H
I made meta pads out of old insoles for last seasons hunt. It helped out but it’s still not 100%. My guess is the old Solomons are wore out and need replaced with a stiffer soled boot.

Wrench

WKR
Call nicks, JK,franks or whites boots in spokane, wa and describe your problems. They deal with this daily and make boots to help your situation. I've had all the above and they are all similar quality.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I went through a few pairs of high end boots thinking it was a boot problem, before I saw a podiatrist and found out I had metatarsalgia. I got some custom orthotics through him, that were quite expensive, $500ish. They worked, but were bulky and would only fit in certain shoes and boots. They've kind of worn out, so I looked into it again before spending the money for another set.

I ended up trying a pair of these: https://www.pariseverybody.com/product-page/metatarsal-pad-insole

They work as well as the custom orthotics did. They're super thin and fit fine in most footwear I've tried so far. For the price I'll get a few more pairs to keep in other shoes, and as spares in case they wear out. I don't have a ton of miles on them yet, but no issues so far.

I was also looking at the Sole brand insoles with met pads, but haven't bought any yet.

I'd definitely try a couple of these cheaper options before looking at pricey custom orthotics.

OP
H
Thank you. I seen another company make those and they were a lot more money. Greatly appreciated

Divide93

FNG
I have had similar issues over the years! I went back to wearing orthotics. Helped me immensely! I had a bruised achilles and the pad on the ball of the same foot separated and got squished up against my toes! Very uncomfortable! I did not even know that injury was possible. The VA is treating me, They should have be on the mends by the day of my funeral!

I ended up getting some Brooks Glycerine 21’s for daily wear because my ASICS didn’t have removable soles and I couldn’t add pads or new soles.

These have helped a lot. Pain is almost gone. I got some metatarsal pads to add to my hiking boots to try before I mess with soles on those. But also hoping it just goes away. I had it ones a few months ago, and it went away so fingers crossed.