Mod Mesa Precision Arms Altitude Stock Comb Height

philcox

WKR
I have two of these stocks, and love them for offhand shooting, kneeling everything else, but when I get into a prone position, I feel like I have to hold my head up off the comb, and was wondering if others experienced the same issue with the stock, and if so, how did they address it?

wyosam

WKR
I found that I have to keep the scope low on this stock to make it work for me in all positions. I’ve got 2 of them as well. I found a 42mm scope mounted as low as I could get it (which is generally my preference anyway) made it work really well on my Tikkas. Mine are both set up with VX6hd 2-12’s. Originally had a 3-18 on one, but I just couldn’t get it to feel right, even mocking up a comb riser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At one point, the company made a remington Altitude stock with a adjustable comb. I asked if they would make it for a Tikka and they had no plans to.

SloppyJ

WKR
Stock Doc is your best bet for a factory look. If you don't want that then you have a lot of options for a riser that you can install.

khuber84

WKR
Use a jaw weld VS cheek weld in prone? I run really high scope rings on all my rifles, one being in mess, don't have any issues in prone VS kneeling, bench, Tripod, just always use the same point of contact on my jaw line, which is pretty much straight down from corner of my dominant eye.