Model seven custom colors give me some ideas

Ordered a wildcat stock going to get barrel fluted , bolt skeletonized, Might slab the action havent desided yet . My question what color skeem im thinking green with some brown speckles with metel going brown . Whats your guys thoughts . Pics of your custom guns might help lol

I dont think the model sevens skinny barrel has enough meat on it to flute, even if its a 243. I think most gunsmiths would tell you that its a liability for them to flute that skinny of a barrel or that with the depth they could go in the flutes the weight savings would virtually non existent. A few hundred bucks for 1 oz probably wouldnt be worth it.

I'm interested in hearing about the wildcat stock. I'm gonna be putting one on a Model Seven 7 SAUM. I'd love to talk to you and pick your brain about it.

I dont think the model sevens skinny barrel has enough meat on it to flute, even if its a 243. I think most gunsmiths would tell you that its a liability for them to flute that skinny of a barrel or that with the depth they could go in the flutes the weight savings would virtually non existent. A few hundred bucks for 1 oz probably wouldnt be worth it.

not sure how "skinny" the 7 bbl is but for reference my Browning measures .62 at the brake on a 243 with 8 flutes, from the factory.

Back