Monocular Range Finder with Ballistics Calculator

Jstablum

FNG
I’ve been doing some research on these, and I am currently between the Kilo8 abs, Razor 4000 GB and the BR4. Any real world comparisons? For the price the Razor looks like a good deal compared to the other 2, and I like the lifetime warranty, but like the idea of the 10x magnification of the BR4.

Thoughts?

OP
J

Jstablum

FNG
If I was buying a handheld unit it would be the BR4. I've been running RF binos since 2014 with no intention of going handheld again
Yeah, I wanted Binos, but I’m blind in my right eye. All of the available models seem to have the reticle in the right eye only.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look at time to solution, consider whether it matters.

Unless you are shooting beyond 800 yards, I would tell you to go with the Sig BDX models and save.

What else do you have in your shooting kit?
How far do you shoot animals? Steel?

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I’d lean towards the BR4. I’ve had issues with multiple Sig rangefinders, currently having a 5k not range well in cold or fog/snow. It also tends to give erroneous readings compared to a Leica 2400. The Gunwerks products seem to be well received and robust.

OP
J

Jstablum

FNG
Look at time to solution, consider whether it matters.

Unless you are shooting beyond 800 yards, I would tell you to go with the Sig BDX models and save.

What else do you have in your shooting kit?
How far do you shoot animals? Steel?
As of now, I am just getting started shooting out past 200 yds. Goal for me is hunting and would like to get out to about 1000 yds for practice and realisticallly animals at 750 max.

Just starting though so any suggestions on equipment are appreciated.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can save hundreds of dollars and spend it on ammo if you get the BDX version. It has solutions inside the rangefinder out to 800 yards. Perfect for hunting.

Past 800 out on the range, you can use a ballistic app to get the solution if you range the 1000 yard target. And, if hunting, you can buy a Garmin or Kestrel and bluetooth the range to the gadget that will then create your solution.

So, for your money, I think the BDX plus a Kestrel is better for the money than putting it all in to the ABS.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
You can save hundreds of dollars and spend it on ammo if you get the BDX version. It has solutions inside the rangefinder out to 800 yards. Perfect for hunting.

Past 800 out on the range, you can use a ballistic app to get the solution if you range the 1000 yard target. And, if hunting, you can buy a Garmin or Kestrel and bluetooth the range to the gadget that will then create your solution.

So, for your money, I think the BDX plus a Kestrel is better for the money than putting it all in to the ABS.
just wanted to say I found this advice incredibly helpful, the features on a 3K BDX are pretty great for the price when you consider the ballistic solutions.