Montana Late Muzzleloader

JBT17

FNG
So I struck out on filling my Montana general elk tag during archery season in September. I thought I was going to have to just eat tag soup, but I found a cheap plane ticket and decided to take my Thompson Center New Englander out for the December muzzleloader season. My main concern is obviously the weather that time of year, particularly in northwestern Montana where I expect to be hunting. I've got clothes that get me into the low 20's pretty comfortably, but I'm curious what people are wearing to hunt in 0 degree or below weather. I've taken a look at the Sitka Incinerator stuff, but I'd love a cheaper option and I don't really mind heavier layers considering I doubt I'll venture more than a mile or so from the truck. Anyone have experience with Badlands Pyre or King's Camo Wind Defender? Any other options in that price range?

OP
J

JBT17

FNG
So I struck out on filling my Montana general elk tag during archery season in September. I thought I was going to have to just eat tag soup, but I found a cheap plane ticket and decided to take my Thompson Center New Englander out for the December muzzleloader season. My main concern is obviously the weather that time of year, particularly in northwestern Montana where I expect to be hunting. I've got clothes that get me into the low 20's pretty comfortably, but I'm curious what people are wearing to hunt in 0 degree or below weather. I've taken a look at the Sitka Incinerator stuff, but I'd love a cheaper option and I don't really mind heavier layers considering I doubt I'll venture more than a mile or so from the truck. Anyone have experience with Badlands Pyre or King's Camo Wind Defender? Any other options in that price range?
Bonus points for brands that have military discounts. Sitka, Badlands, and King's all have like 40% off for military which makes them attainable for fellows who blow most of their savings on out of state tags.

matthewmt

WKR
Wethaer can be very mild up here around then. I wouldn't worry to much about extreme cold weather gear you'll likely be moving around a lot to locate them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Deadfall

WKR
Kifaru LPP. Not real cheap Holy moly that coat. Worth every penny.
Long John's and insulated jeans.