Montana mule deer 2023

Montana mule deer 2023 was a success! I was able to harvest a my first mule deer buck with my gun. I wanted to come on here and do some honest field reviews. ( I am not sponsored or pro-staffed, I'm just cheep and like honest reviews lol). I have also guided hunts in Montana and Alaska so my gear has been used a lot

To set the seen it was highs in the 20s and lows were around 0 with some pretty good wind

Sitka timberlines- I wore these things like they were going out of style lol. All around great pant and I love the water proof butt and knee pads.

Kenetrek mountain extremes- I absolutely love these boots, they are comfortable and water proof. I apply lots of wax to mine because they are a investment in my eyes.

Mystery ranch Pintler- I have owned this bag for a few years know and this was the first time I have actually got to use it. After I shot my deer I loaded 3 quarters his head hide and antlers into the frame. Was that heavy lol. The bag held up great to being overloaded and I believe that you can put more weight on there then you can pack out.

Sitka mountain jacket- I have read a lot of mixed emotions about this jacket and for some reason it just works for me. It's light and wind proof. I love the jacket.

Marsupial bino harness- super comfortable and it holds everything you need it too.

Kings xkg insulated gloves- I bought these right before I went out west as a pair of back up gloves and fell in love with them. Super comfortable, warm and wind proof

Sitka ambient jacket- this one I'm torn on, super warm and breathable but not durable at all. I like it just make sure to have a shell over it or you will shred it.

Stone glacier gators- I wouldn't buy again. I stuck a hole in them but walking into a stick and they won't warranty them

Thanks for reading I hope everyone had a good season and if your still hunting aim small miss small!

9922d6e656b884dede2690ff4007f5fe.jpg

fcbbf2b380a9ec7e27aad9cb2965dbf5.jpg

763ded96f080067f1a3aa88cc1d13a48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
Montana mule deer 2023 was a success! I was able to harvest a my first mule deer buck with my gun. I wanted to come on here and do some honest field reviews. ( I am not sponsored or pro-staffed, I'm just cheep and like honest reviews lol). I have also guided hunts in Montana and Alaska so my gear has been used a lot

To set the seen it was highs in the 20s and lows were around 0 with some pretty good wind

Sitka timberlines- I wore these things like they were going out of style lol. All around great pant and I love the water proof butt and knee pads.

Kenetrek mountain extremes- I absolutely love these boots, they are comfortable and water proof. I apply lots of wax to mine because they are a investment in my eyes.

Mystery ranch Pintler- I have owned this bag for a few years know and this was the first time I have actually got to use it. After I shot my deer I loaded 3 quarters his head hide and antlers into the frame. Was that heavy lol. The bag held up great to being overloaded and I believe that you can put more weight on there then you can pack out.

Sitka mountain jacket- I have read a lot of mixed emotions about this jacket and for some reason it just works for me. It's light and wind proof. I love the jacket.

Marsupial bino harness- super comfortable and it holds everything you need it too.

Kings xkg insulated gloves- I bought these right before I went out west as a pair of back up gloves and fell in love with them. Super comfortable, warm and wind proof

Sitka ambient jacket- this one I'm torn on, super warm and breathable but not durable at all. I like it just make sure to have a shell over it or you will shred it.

Stone glacier gators- I wouldn't buy again. I stuck a hole in them but walking into a stick and they won't warranty them

Thanks for reading I hope everyone had a good season and if your still hunting aim small miss small!

How were deer numbers? I’m hearing from some friends they may be on an ever so slight incline compared to 2021 and 2022

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider

Congrats man!
I can attest , Timberlines are awesome. I rocked them on my 2nd season CO deer hunt. I used to think knee pads were lame,, then i tried them lol.
Marsupial harness is my favorite and never had an issue with it at all.
And the Sitka ambient I think is one of my favorite pieces. Could not believe how fast it could get me warm once i started moving for how lightweight it is. I see what u mean about durability but i cant say its failed me yet in that regard

OP
C
How were deer numbers? I’m hearing from some friends they may be on an ever so slight incline compared to 2021 and 2022

We were seeing a lot of does and a shortage of bucks where we were. Most of the bucks we were seeing were small 2x2 and young bucks

OP
C
Congrats man!
I can attest , Timberlines are awesome. I rocked them on my 2nd season CO deer hunt. I used to think knee pads were lame,, then i tried them lol.
Marsupial harness is my favorite and never had an issue with it at all.
And the Sitka ambient I think is one of my favorite pieces. Could not believe how fast it could get me warm once i started moving for how lightweight it is. I see what u mean about durability but i cant say its failed me yet in that regard

It never failed me just gotta remember to take it off or put a shell on over it before you dive into a thicket lol

Congrats and thanks for the honest reviews! This will be very helpful as I prepare for my first Montana hunt this coming fall. How were the deer numbers?

OP
C
Congrats and thanks for the honest reviews! This will be very helpful as I prepare for my first Montana hunt this coming fall. How were the deer numbers?

The deer numbers were pretty decent. Lots of does and smaller bucks. Found some decent bucks later in the hunt but lots of small 2x2s and does