Montana rifle company

Bought a Montana rifle company 1999 action of gunbroker. It a left hand handed long action Please for the love of God does anyone know where to find a stock for this? Thank you thank you

Wyatt G

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Montana rifle company 1999 action of gunbroker. It a left hand handed long action Please for the love of God does anyone know where to find a stock for this? Thank you thank you
Mcmillan used to inlet stocks for them, don’t know if they still do. Also model 70 stocks will fit after you open up a spot for the bolt release.

I would call McMillan and see if they still inlet for them. I have a MRC X2 and looked into one some years ago. They did them at that time.

Wrench

WKR
Mcmillan used to inlet stocks for them, don’t know if they still do. Also model 70 stocks will fit after you open up a spot for the bolt release.
This is correct. I built on one and put it in a pounder that was for a m70. I had to relieve a spot for the bolt release and everything else was essentially the same.

This. But, I’m pretty sure most stock makers will custom inlet, pillar and action bed any action to the stocks they produce. If they won’t and you don’t have the time or tools, gunsmiths do.

Personally, I’d recommend a Boyd’s stock. Which so happens, rarely fits even stock setups perfectly. Everyone I’ve bought requires inletting. Since I normally do trigger upgrades on the same guns I’ve fitted with better stocks, I just send it to my gun smith to fit, bed, etc…

The reason I’m suggesting Boyd’s is if you buy a laminated stock, it’s built out of stabilized wood. Temperature swings and differences in humidity have zero effects on bullet placement due to the stock. And, it lightens up the gun a lot. And, the stock in letting and bedding with a trigger upgrade runs me $250. That’s counting stock price too. Extremely accurate as well.

Spoonbill

WKR
You can buy a flat top stock and get it inletted. I have 0 personal experience with this but I imagine a decent gunsmith can do it. It also opens up some options for you in stock design.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a factory Montana rifle company take off stock for a left hand long action 1999 rifle if your interested? It’s the textured green synthetic that they offered.

I switched over to a left hand Echols legend stock so have no need for it anymore

OP
C
I have a factory Montana rifle company take off stock for a left hand long action 1999 rifle if your interested? It’s the textured green synthetic that they offered.

I switched over to a left hand Echols legend stock so have no need for it anymore
I would be very interested in that. How’s the condition of it?