moose loads

Any suggestions for how heavy a bullet I should be using for Alaska moose. I drew DM422 ( fort Richardson or jber)

The last few years I have shot several deer and practiced a lot with good success using the Hornady SST 250 grain bullets with 100 grains of triple 7.

Wondering if those same bullets would be fine for a moose or if I should get some in the 300 grain

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
SSTs are fantastic if you hit vitals. I’ve killed more big game with SSTs than any other bullet. But they do fall short on missed shots where you hit bone or non vitals.

250 is def too small for moose in that bullet. And like mxg, I worry that the SST is not tough enough even at 300 gr. Alaskan moose are HUGE!. I would opt for a 300 gr Barnes type bullet. Or a larger conical like the 350 gr lead Federal BOR as my second choice. Or if you really want to pack a punch, go with a conical like the No excuse in 460 gr

batj

FNG
I have had 3 permits for JBER. I use the No Excuses Bullets. Took 2 bulls with the 530 grain bullet out of my TC 54 cal Renegade and last Oct took a bull with a 460 gr bullet out of my TC Firestorm Flinter. Guys name is Dave, look him up on the web or his FB page.