Most adventure for your dollar

gabenzeke

WKR
So I had previously looked at doing a hunt in Hawaii, and it got me thinking...what is the best value in hunting? Guided or not with the priority being adventure. Alaska for Moose/caribou/black bear? Mexico coues? Thinking specifically in North America, but really want to do at least one actual dream hunt before I get too old, but also want it to be financially feasible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For me Canada provided the most adventure per dollar spent. Hunted moose, elk and mule deer in and around grizzly country which made for a thrilling bow hunting trip but cost is relative and you haven't explained what you deem "financially feasible" so it may or may not be right for you.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
For me Canada provided the most adventure per dollar spent. Hunted moose, elk and mule deer in and around grizzly country which made for a thrilling bow hunting trip but cost is relative and you haven't explained what you deem "financially feasible" so it may or may not be right for you.
Financially feasible is relative I guess. Just to throw out a number, let's say around 5k per person.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ColeKira

FNG
Most bang for the buck adventure for me was the time I hunted speed goats and I put a bad shot on a good one. After tracking it for a while through the desert, I stumbled upon a drug deal gone bad. Dead bodies everywhere from Mac 10's and custom 1911's. Found a briefcase full of cash and a half dead Mexican begging for water. Got home, stashed the cash and came back with water for the Mexican but he was dead by then. That's when the real adventure began....

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Most bang for the buck adventure for me was the time I hunted speed goats and I put a bad shot on a good one. After tracking it for a while through the desert, I stumbled upon a drug deal gone bad. Dead bodies everywhere from Mac 10's and custom 1911's. Found a briefcase full of cash and a half dead Mexican begging for water. Got home, stashed the cash and came back with water for the Mexican but he was dead by then. That's when the real adventure began....

Bad idea, Llewelyn.

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still pretty inexperienced so take this with a grain of salt but for 5k I'd love to do a unguided blacktail hunt on kodiak, and personally i think doing it with a recurve would be a blast. Then again some of those bears might make me think twice about the recurve part. Might even have enough $ left over for some halibut or crabbing afterwards.

Fitzwho

WKR
Arizona Coues Deer can get you there. $460 for tag and license, and whatever it takes to get you there. Can be done sub $1000. Not sure how that couldn’t make the list.

DIY Sitka Blacktails are on my soon to do list. POW island is a bit more likely for me for DIY than Kodiak, but either can be done for well under $5k.

A black bear or Mountain Lion spot and stalk or with hounds might be pretty fun.

KSP277

WKR

That’s wild. Not good country to be in. Especially if your an old man.

JP100

WKR
I would say an Asian Ibex hunt(Kazak,Kryg,Tajik) Tur in Az/Russia or a Tahr/Chamois hunt here in NZ.

Value for money you will get a real mountain hunt for less than most Mt Goat hunts, and way less than any sheep.

All depends what you call 'adventure' but for me its a real wilderness mountain hunt. Asia probably has the best value true wilderness available(depending on where you live obviously)

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Free range Aoudad hunt in West Texas along the Mexico border was one heck of an adventure and under the 5k per man price point you mentioned. It also scratches the sheep hunting itch for way less than a normal sheep hunt! Cant recommend an Aoudad hunt enough, was an awesome time.

Also for 5k, you could book a guided elk hunt on some really nice private ground.

Really depends on what your definition of "adventure" is.

Btaylor

WKR
Bowfishing for gator gar, hog doggin with a pig sticker or gators. All provide big adventure and can be done outside regular hunting season except maybe gator, not sure of those seasons outside of AR. All three bring lots of bugs , plenty of snakes and the chance the critter can extract some get even if you slip up. You want adventure or you want to shoot rabbits? LOL

IdahoElk

WKR

Wow,sounds like a movie! you didn't have a psychopath come after you looking for the money by chance?

jb1842

FNG
Cougar hunting in most states seems to be a pretty good adventure for $100 in X-bombs, and the season never closes.:D

Beendare

WKR
Bang for the buck...

If you have never done a hog hunt behind dogs....those will get your heart pumping. Pretty cheap too....typ

A big ole bayed up hog is a sight to see.

Then if you really want to test your mettle, stick one....

mproberts

WKR
This guy definitely wins the day.. I think I was 4 sentences deep before I was like what a minute.. and then I just couldn't stop laughing thinking about this as an actual hunt gone wrong.

FLAK

WKR
Free range Aoudad hunt in West Texas along the Mexico border was one heck of an adventure and under the 5k per man price point you mentioned. It also scratches the sheep hunting itch for way less than a normal sheep hunt! Cant recommend an Aoudad hunt enough, was an awesome time.

Also for 5k, you could book a guided elk hunt on some really nice private ground.

Really depends on what your definition of "adventure" is.

This. Look down around Marfa or Presidio.
This is an awesome hunt.
I actually killed my ram on the Ranch where
Tommy Lee Jones stayed while filming the
previously eluded to movie.

Besides that, I'd go back to AK.