Most Filling Health Bars?

namntM

FNG
I'm tired of being on the trail and carrying a few health bars which have absolutely no affect on my hunger but for maybe 30 minutes And I'm hungry again. Does anyone know of a health bar that is made to pack the most calories in the least space occupation? I don't want to carry a bunch of bars with me into the deep woods so I'm trying to find something that is sufficient in caloric intake to tide me over if I carry four bars at most on a 8-hour stint in the woods. Ideas? Experience?

Its not the calories that will keep you feeling full. You need something slow digesting. Grains, nuts, protein. At least that is my understanding. I may be wrong.

If I want a bar that packs a lot of calories MET-Rx is one I use often. I also like Cliff bars, they seem to keep me satisfied.

OP
namntM

namntM

FNG
I've never tried MetRx. I'm going to go look into that right now, thanks so much for the info!

RX Bars are the most filling bars I have found. Green belly are nice too… each one is about equal to about 3 typical bars (in both physical size and calories)

Edit: im
Not referring to “metrx” bars, the brand is just simply “RX” bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1jeds

FNG
You can also make your own which are extremely easy and you can add whatever you want in them. A good base is oats + peanut butter + honey, add in some nuts or seeds, dried fruits and you're in business. No need to bake but there are some baked options that may last a little longer

rideold

WKR
ProBar Meal Bars. The peanut butter one has 390 calories and 12g of protein. carry 4 bars and you have about 1,500 calories in your pack. Throw in a Mountain House and you're over 2,000 calories and 30g of protein. All that for about a pound in your pack......add a 6oz salami and you get another 600 calories!

Last edited:

HoneyDew

WKR
Second Probar bars. Banana nut is my favorite. Days where I start early or don’t have time for something more real I’ll eat one at home/work.

fshaw

WKR
Probar Meal bars for me as well. Can eat Rx Bars and they work but can be tough to get down.

Mosby

WKR
I've tried a lot of different brands of bars and they all get old in a hurry for me. The bar's with chocolate get messy in warm weather and the bars with a lot of dried fruit and nuts can get rock hard in the cold. I always take a few with me but they aren't my favorite.

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Fit Crunch is great. If ur looking for more of a meal replacement , they sell big ones with 380 cal and like 30g of protein. Want something less caloric dense, they sell the same ones just smaller that are about 190 cal.

I like Quest too. I think its the fiber in their bars that i find filling. Also how they are put together, its not like they will melt in the pack in warmer weather vs like a chocolate coated bar

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for pro bars. About 350-400 calories per bar.