MSR Reactor pot recall

OP
Reburn

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I submitted a warranty for the 2 pots with the reactor cook system that I recently bought. This was the response from MSR.

Thank you for contacting us about your MSR cookware product. ***We need your shipping address.

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), MSR is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall of select camping cooking pots due to a potential burn hazard. These products include the Trail Lite™ and some Reactor® cooking pots that were sold individually and as part of sets. The recalled products were sold from 2008 to October 9, 2023 and these pots are being recalled because the pot handle can come loose or disengaged, potentially spilling contents, including hot liquids.

We hold our customers’ safety as our number one priority, which is why we elected to voluntarily recall pots with an affected handle style. Our customers’ trust in our products is what our company was founded on – it's even in our name, Mountain Safety Research. Please know that it doesn’t come easy to share this news and ask our customers to participate in this recall, though we stand by the fact that it’s the right thing to do to out of an abundance of caution, to ensure our customer’s safety.

Please discontinue using this handle with your MSR cookware. We are sending you a MSR Lite Lifter grip as a replacement to be used in place of the handle that came installed on your product. There is no need to return the pot or handle to MSR. Please remove the factory installed handle and you may continue to safely use the pot with the Lite Lifter.

We’re sending you a Lite Lifter pot grip. Once the order has been processed in our system, you will receive an email with the tracking number for the shipment to you as soon as the tracking is available. This will be an automated email, and if the tracking message doesn’t appear in your inbox in a soon, please check your spam or junk mail folders.

Again, we take our customer’s safety seriously, and thank you for your attention and your time in responding to this recall.

Sincerely,

Steve
CSR II

BBob

WKR
“Please discontinue using this handle with your MSR cookware. We are sending you a MSR Lite Lifter grip as a replacement to be used in place of the handle that came installed on your product. There is no need to return the pot or handle to MSR. Please remove the factory installed handle and you may continue to safely use the pot with the Lite Lifter.

They want you to remove the original handle which is also the integrated lid holder and use the generic pot lifter they will send you. I wrote Steve back and told him just a pot lifter was unacceptable.

The response:

That is correct. Our engineers are working on a solution for the long term, but this was the solution for now. It may be 6months to a year before we've got something worked out for going forward. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Steve

Last edited:
OP
Reburn

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
“Please discontinue using this handle with your MSR cookware. We are sending you a MSR Lite Lifter grip as a replacement to be used in place of the handle that came installed on your product. There is no need to return the pot or handle to MSR. Please remove the factory installed handle and you may continue to safely use the pot with the Lite Lifter.

They want you to remove the original handle which is also the integrated lid holder and use the generic pot lifter they will send you. I wrote Steve back and told him just a pot lifter was unacceptable.

The response:

That is correct. Our engineers are working on a solution for the long term, but this was the solution for now. It may be 6months to a year before we've got something worked out for going forward. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Steve

I felt the same way as you about it.
I dont plan on removing the handles as they are the lid holder.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds like they're going to make it right, just have to deal with a temporary inconvenience. I've got a couple of pots I guess that qualify for this recall. I'm not going to lose sleep over the temporary fix while they get it sorted out for a permanent fix. At least they have a plan, lot of companies would just tell you not to use the handle going forward and that would be the extent of their help.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk