MT participation fee

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
So FWP told you that an application for the current year does not get you an entry into the lottery?
They told me that a bonus point purchased in 2018, for the 2018 application, does not get applied to the existing bonus points that i have.

I had 3 points as of feb 1 of 2018.
I applied last week and on that app i bought another point.
Out of curiosity i called the MT Fish and game and asked them if i would have 3 points or 4 points applied to my app for the 2018 lottery.
They told me that my existing 3 points would be applied to this years app.

If i was unsuccessful i would be awarded the 4th point.

If i was successful i would start over next year with 0 points. they would not refund the 20 bucks used to buy the 4th point this year because they keep it and call it a participation fee.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Just roll the dice, dudes. If you're a fat cat, throw another 20 in the pot.

Double down, go to town.

Seriously though, MT draw is corn-fusing. Max points this, square that, Bob's your uncle - you get another point....at least that's what happens to me. And FWIW, just because a FWP employee says it on the phone, doesn't mean it's accurate. Most of them know how it works but I believe you're better off trying to decipher the regs. Black and white - in legalese....Good luck everyone.
True that

mt100gr.

WKR
If I understand it correctly, with 3 points you have you're name in the hat 10 times. 3 points squared = 9 + current application ( NOT SQUARED, NOT A BONUS POINT DRAW) = 10. ... next year, if you bought a point you'd be 4 points squared = 16 + current app (not squared) = 17.

...could be all wet tho.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
If I understand it correctly, with 3 points you have you're name in the hat 10 times. 3 points squared = 9 + current application ( NOT SQUARED, NOT A BONUS POINT DRAW) = 10. ... next year, if you bought a point you'd be 4 points squared = 16 + current app (not squared) = 17.

...could be all wet tho.
Could be right...

bmart2622

WKR
To me it goes without saying that you obviously get an entry into the drawing when you submit an application

NDGuy

WKR
All I know is I am not drawing regardless if I have 3 or 4 points soo oh well

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
To me it goes without saying that you obviously get an entry into the drawing when you submit an application
That I would believe...but that still doesn't justify MT swiping the 20 bucks for the point i bought this year which will do absolutely nothing for me if im successful in drawing with the 3 points (name in the hat 9 times) or the 3 points + my app (name in the hat 10 tines). I paid 20 bucks for a bonus point and receive nothing for it. That was the basis for this entire thread and the number of points is what the draw statistics are based off of...

mt100gr.

WKR
I agree. Not justified at all. That potential point goes in the wind, you're out the money.

There are more than a few injustices with MTFWP and their management of money, people, ultimately wildlife. But those are different threads.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Found this statement from the Director of the MT fish and Game... this makes it sound like if you have 3 points. Than your name will be in the drawing 9 Times. No more no less.
1f9af47ef64dc96c30b3bb00d319a778.jpg

bmart2622

WKR
Do you honestly think you don't get an entry by submitting an app? Riddle me this then. In 2017 I drew an antelope tag with 0 bonus points, if submitting and app doesn't enter you into the drawing, how did I draw a tag?

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Do you honestly think you don't get an entry by submitting an app? Riddle me this then. In 2017 I drew an antelope tag with 0 bonus points, if submitting and app doesn't enter you into the drawing, how did I draw a tag?

I have never said that. This entire thread ive been talking about bonus points and the fact that the bonus point you buy the year you are successful does absolutely nothing for you.

However, I could see how MT could treat an app with no points as 1 "ticket into the hat" and once you have bonus points under your ALS they could only use your bonus points as the multiplier, not giving your app a value at all. That would actually be easier to write in terms of coding the application that performs the lottery drawing, albeit not a lot.

I would concede to you that it is certainly possible that the app alone gets you 1 base entry, regardless of bonus points...but its almost a moot point because everyone has that same point so it really makes very little difference in your overall drawing odds.

The director himself says 4 points gets you 16 entries into the hat. That would seem to say that the app itself doesnt get your name in the hat the 17th time....i only say that because he clearly says 4 points gets you 16 tickets in the hat.

Just so we're clear...if Im forced to choose between believing him or you... Im not picking you. Then again i could be misinterpreting him.

Last edited:

bmart2622

WKR
Believe what you want, I could honestly care less what you do. But it is completely ridiculous that you think applying gets you nothing. Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this, Im done, have a good life.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Believe what you want, I could honestly care less what you do. But it is completely ridiculous that you think applying gets you nothing. Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this, Im done, have a good life.
Im sorry bro. Just trying to figure it out. Mildy disappointed I lose 20 bucks for a bonus point i might not even need.